Oh boy...this is also what I had to deal with...after a couple busy days of making food for staff lunches and treats for teachers and party food for class parties...this is what I was left with. Ugh. It took a good couple hours to clean that up. I should have taken an after pic. I hope in our new kitchen I can do a better job of keeping up with cleaning. This sorta reminds me of two years ago when I had Logan so unexpectedly...but actually that was worse, right mom?! :)
We got hit with the bug....and poor Shelby (who was just sick with strep a few weeks ago), got the raw end of the deal. She thankfully got packed before it hit her hard. She has a 102 fever tonight and slept half the day. I just checked on her a few hours ago and she wanted to know if she could still go to FL and was it time to go. Poor thing. We just pray she doesn't get the vomit thing along with it and the rest of us stay well...and that she is able to sleep it off on the ride to FL and be fine there.
All packed and ready fairly early this time around! YAY for us. Loggy was so proud he had to sit on the bags like they were a mountain!
We finally got all our lil' trees up today. Boy, are we behind this year! D has been begging to do it but with his big project due he had no time til yesterday and then none of the lights were working. So after our WM shop and some new lights purchased, the boys decorated. Love the above one of Loggy....he is actually very good at decorating...
My fav. shot of the day...I told Loggy to help Dylan bc he was struggling to get his lights on the tree and Logan went over and snuggled up next to him and said "I help" I love my boys.
The highlight of the tree decorating for the lil' guy is the "balls" (beads)...and I didn't get a chance to take a pic of it, but he ate more glass balls tonight too. Ick :( He is a chewer and that is going to get him one of these days!
All done...the boys and their trees. And Logan with his fav ornaments! Blue balls :) :) :)
Kev's mom got me a couple really cute personalized ornaments this year and I went to set this one out today and noticed the small mistake on Santa....we got a good chuckle out it. Kev says this means I just really want to be in charge of our family :)
Loggy having fun with his Hays....he loves her and her fun flying games. :)
Ash had this idea to do a Christmas countdown tonight...b/c we wont be home for our real countdown on our advent calendar. So each of the kids took a turn going (minus Shelb who was sick in bed)
Loggy put Christmas Eve up. It surely will be weird to not spend our last Christmas in our home at home....but we are making the best of it and I know being with family in FL (and seeing sun and warmth!) will be worth it.
Wish us luck as we rise at 4am and head south! Adios!
1 comment:
YOu are still up at 11:32?????? Well, I guess you can sleep in the car at 4am.. Loved this blog...I am laughing cause I tried to buy that exact ornament online last week and they were outta the one with 5 kids!!! They were outta all the ones that were 3 or more kids...that surprised me!! Anyhow, that messy kitchen wasnt even CLOSE to the one from Christmas EVE/DAY the yr Logee was born!! Its imbedded in my brain!! haha As you can see, I am still UP!! Got a whole lot done today!! Now I am gonna send you an email about my morning seeing Magda! :) Love ya, Drive carefully..we will be praying for a safe trip!! xo Mom
Post a Comment