Friday, October 13, 2017

Love being in NYC with our Hays but totally exhausted

A great day and love being here with our fav big city girl...but exhaustion has hit us hard.  I got 1hr of sleep and Kev got 3 hrs.  We are used to little sleep, but that's virtually nothing.  I take naps longer than that.  But flying here for the first time was brilliant!  And watching Hailey dance in class was glorious. She even reserved a little time with us to boat in Central Park.  I'm pretty sure I was the best rower!  And Kev and I had our fav shake shack and NYC pizza.  Now we're chilling in Jersey at a nice hotel.  Can't wait to sleep with no alarm or early morning.  And can't wait to see Hailey in choreographic tomorrow.  So grateful Nina Stegs was willing to tackle our busy Steg schedule at home.  She's amazing!  So thankful for this time in the city with Kev and with our Hailey Nicole!  Interesting tidbits...the turtles were out and sunning themselves today in CP.  Shelb would have loved it.  Kids were even picking the turtles up.  Such sweet turtles.  And the rats were out in masses today.  All over Central Park. They are gutsy rodents!   I'm growing fond of them! :). And there was a duck eating leaves.  Is that normal?  Wildlife in CP is fun!

No comments: