Monday, June 29, 2020

Covid Day 109...back to the grind...

Well, it was back to busyness and normalcy after almost a week of having "fun Isaiah" here :)  Not always fun jumping back into things.  Up early to take Shelb to the eye doc to get fitted for frames.  Thankfully this was a fairly quick event bc she found her awesome new trendy Ray Bans in no time at all (I was proud of her for being decisive!) and instead of costing $480 they cost $10!  So thankful for good eye insurance!  She can't wait to be cool with her new eyewear!  I have to say that trying on glasses with a mask is stinky!  Not only do the glasses fog up and you can't see a darn thing, but you can't see your whole face, so how do you know you even like them??  And for $500 you should like them!  Ugh.  Weird world we live in!  Then I ran off to my final day of work stuff...goodbye preschool.  I resigned a couple months ago, but have been wrapping things up and cleaning out my drawers.  It's bittersweet bc I absolutely think this is the BEST place to work with the best coworkers that are like family...and I love the kids too...but I need this year to reevaluate my career and get my act together at home...and pour into my family more. I'm grateful I can do that, but there will be tight funding at home...especially with these covid times.  Anyway...but I had fun turning over my crafts and room to some of our fav suitie preschool teachers!  And then I ran Dylan to his Sports Med appt.  I'm trying to focus on the positives here bc the xray they took was clear and their was no pain felt, but the doc is still sending him to two weeks of PT and no sports during that time. Wish this was a month ago and that was no big deal, but high school sports starts next Monday and he will likely miss another round of travel games in Indy for bball.  He was bumming to say the least.  Hurts my heart to see his sad bc sports is so important to him and he works so hard.  But in the end I trust that waiting a couple weeks will be best for his hamstring and future athletics. Praying it won't make a difference in him making the soccer team this year and that he can finish out the travel bball season in good health!  Seeing him sad today really brought me down.  I struggle taking on the weight of my kids.. :( And I just felt I raced raced raced around all day.  I'm trying to get the remainder of my summer calendar organized and it's definitely going to be picking up now with sports starting for Shelb and Dyl on Monday...and honestly we've not had a huge break this summer even with Covid.  Still so much going on!  And tonight Ash and her buddy, Quinn, had their first lemonade sale for college kids.  They put up their awesome Flamingal booth and sold their lemon shakeups and choc. chips cookies...all homemade...it almost felt like the fair.  They were proud of the $20 they made!  And tomorrow they'll sell by our neighborhood playground.  Proud of these little entrepreneurs!  This mama is whipped.  I miss lazy summer days!

No comments: