The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Monday, July 13, 2020
Covid day 123–too much sports, more cats, missing lazy summer
So I’m starting to reevaluate things a bit… If it’s one thing I know about myself is that I love to be home and my ideal day would probably involve not looking or answering a thing on my phone. My phone is honestly my nemesis and I’m generally texting two dozen people a day. For me this is too much because I am not the normal woman that likes to talk on the phone. So starting tomorrow I am putting my phone away which for me is a bit of a bummer because the number one reason I have a phone is to take photos. And if you know me I take a lot of those LOL. But I just cannot focus with keeping up with all of the texts and phone calls I’m getting lately. That’s the jest of my day...started off super early with one of my least favorite doctors appointments… Which is even less of a favorite in the mask and dealing with Covid. Then because of that appointment and the timing Kev had to deal with all of the early cross country drop off and pick up for shelb as well as basketball high school drop off for Dylan. Then I was home to tackle all of the garage cat stuff...having cats right now is getting to be too much especially having to socialize three of them who are very unsocial hissy and feral. And then I have a sick one that I am getting IV fluids to three times a day as well as other various meds. He has been puking and pooping all over. Honestly it’s just not my calling in life. If I can be quite honest I’m not much of an animal person and the only thing I really tolerate is cats but I don’t really love them this much to do this it all...it was really only a volunteer opportunity for Shelby bc she loves animals… But even she is a little overwhelmed doing it and violin and cross country. Life is always a delicate balance of saying no and stepping back and focusing on what’s really important. Tonight was a little rough too because our sweet Dylan is hurting again and this is a big bummer for him considering basketball is really important and he was going to try to start up soccer on Wednesday. Not looking real promising for his hamstring. Saying lots of prayers tonight on many levels. On a happy note, beautiful Bruce the feral Persian buff fluff kitten who looks like vanilla creme brûlée, tested negative for feline leukemia and can come into our home Saturday! Woohoo. He is such a gorgeous kitten! Shelby’s first feral catch by hand! He’s a doll!😻
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
No comments:
Post a Comment