Friday, May 18, 2007

Postponed...

Lil' D still practicing his walking technique...go, boy go!
Lil' Shelbers with her fav. new talking Diego backpack and Dora shades...what a cool gal she is
Hailey and her new room sign courtesy of Nina and Pops in FL :) And did you know she scaled a rock wall recently at our school carnival? Whoa...bet you didn't know we had 2 daredevils in our little Steg family!?

Ok, so I know it will greatly disappoint you all to know that I have decided to most likely postpone my debut on the slip-n-slide this weekend. Please, don't cry...I promise, I'll try to make up for it with an even better performance in the weeks to come. Now before you get on my case about chickening out let me reassure you I very much want to "strut my stuff" on that enticing piece of wet plastic....but I must say I very much need a HOT, HOT day to do it....and I don't think the weather will allow for my FL-blooded body to do that. Now let me explain a little further. All of you know my roots are based in FL and as most Floridians will atest to it's needs to be a good 80 degrees out and possibly even 90 degrees out (with a water temp of 80) for us to get near a large or small body of water and sport a bathing suit. Being a midwesterner for only a mere 5 years I still am very much sticking to my guns as far as the temp. goes. If I'm not sweating the moment I walk out the door then it's too cold for water activities. Thus....my dilemma this weekend. There was a positive forcast a few day ago of temps in the 80's, but now I look again this morning and it's only predicted to be mid-70's. Sorry, folks, that's too close to winter weather to have me sporting a suit and slipping down the slide..........sooooo....while I'm not canceling the weekend activities for sure I'm not making any promises either. So, I guess you'll just have to wait in suspense! I know, I know....how rude of me to back out of such an exciting weekend plan, but what's a FL girl supposed to do...freeze her booty off??!! I know those of you FL friends out there will stick by me on this one, right??!!

Anyway...so sorry to break that sad news to you all. That's not to say our crazy midwestern warm-blooded kids won't take the plundge again. Kids don't seem to have those temp. issues we old people have :)

Plus to add to the cooler temps and my postponement news it's been brought to my attention that I've been spotlighted on a certain friend of mine's blog (ehem, Amanda :)). So, I definitely don't want to post any semi-scary pics of me flying through the air on the slip-n-slide if new readers are reading my blog. I don't mind frightening my friends and family, but to do that to strangers is just mean, right....so that's another good reason not to tackle a new sport this weekend....thanks for being a good excuse, Amanda! For those of you who don't know my good pal Amanda...she's this super mom of four who lives in our fav. ol' stompin' grounds of MI. It's funny cuz I was reading her post about me and she's totally right...we've actually only been in the same room as one another like twice, I think...once when her hubby Jared and her came over to Kev's basement apt during our Calvin days and the other time on our wedding day. Isn't that funny?? I really do consider her a great friend though....we've had this connection for awhile with our firstborns being born only a few months apart and we both just seem to have a lot of the same values and enjoyments of motherhood. I think she's just a superb person and I wish we could actually be friends who saw each other regularly cuz I have to say I've never even met her cute kids...but I feel like I know her and her family fairly well thanks to her awesome and funny blog and her great Christmas letters and updates. And I will admit to my readers (as I did to Amanda a awhile back)....that I picked her hubby's picture out of our Calvin bod book (it's a book of photos they put out yearly at Calvin that tells names and certain info of fellow Calvin attendees)...anyway...my freshman year at Calvin me and my best friend, Lori, picked Jared's picture out of all the guys at Calvin as being a total hottie! Imagine my surprise when years later I found out he was a friend of Kev's in the computer science department...I just about died!! At that point I was madly in love with Kev so my Jared crush was long over and I believe he was already engaged to Amanda anyway...I don't remember. So I had to break the news to Amanda recently that I had a little crush on her hubby at that early point in my Calvin career...and you know if I had a little crush on him he must be a good guy, right?! :) Anyway...so I just wanted to give a shout-out to Amanda...she's so sweet to put me in the spotlight of her blog (I feel almost-famous!). I'm sorry to any new readers out there...usually I have lots of exhilerating info on puke and poop, but our household has been pretty clean and dry the last few weeks. I will say that Dylan ate his first hot dog last night and there was upchuck involved. He actually got the first piece down with no trouble...there was this perplexed look as he was chewing it for like 10 minutes, but finally he got the nerve to swallow and that was that! Success on his first official meat! He then proceeded to throw the rest of the hotdog pieces on the floor and at us sitting at the table (hmmm...is that a sign he might not like them??) Then I had to go push his buttons and force feed him a second piece...well, yep you guesseed it....that little wedge of meat came right back up along with the last piece...go figure...so I guess I can't really say he ate his first piece of meat cuz it actually ended up back on his tray....but it was down there for at least 10 seconds...that's gotta count for something, right?!

Well, that's all I got today...maybe we'll have some inspiring puke or poop to speak of later...and you'll know I'll keep you posted if we do! But, for now it's quiet in our little household and I gotta say it's kinda nice! Toodles til next week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two things:

It is definitely too cold up there for Slip and Sliding and Jack has the same outfit as Dylan in the picture of him with the mower!

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Two things back at ya', my awesome FL native:

Thanks for agreeing with the "too-chilly temps for slip-n-sliding"...I definitely felt a little wimpy saying it was too cold, but I gotta be honest...what's fun about slipping n sliding if you're freezing your keester off, right....and second...I remember seeing a pic of Jack in that outfit and meant to mention that Dylan got it and would be wearing it this summer...good ol' Walmart (at least I think that's where my Aunt Terri got it!)...I love the look of it and it's the perfect puke outfit...it dries very quick cuz the material is so thin! Awesome! How fun to have twin outfits on our handsome fellas!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you crack me up...can't wait to have Jared read this post...I never did tell him about your crush! :) Love ya!!!

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Well, I'll never be able to face Jared again if he knows the truth of the past...and Kev will just about die when he reads this too...I never told him about my "bod book crush"...it was always top secret knowledge between me and my best bud at Calvin :) But, I guess we can't keep all our secrets forever! Ha! Love ya' too! :)