Thursday, May 17, 2007

A quick howdy! :)

Our little tennis "pro"...ok, so this is before she had ever played tennis....but doesn't she look like a pro!? :)
Shelby and one of her best buds, Cameron, "happily" sittin' on the bleachers watching their sisters and eating snacks galore! :)
Dylan chillin' in his stroller watching his tennis pro sister! :) And then below is Hailey and one of her best buds, Julia, after their first lesson last week

Hey Folks...this will be a quick post, but just wanted to say a quick "hola" and post a few pictures to brighten the day :) It's been a busy, busy week for some reason. I didn't think it would be going into it, but yesterday and today have been one activity after another....I don't even remember all we've done, but it's just been madness! Considering all the running around, the kids have been awesome (knock on wood!)....Shelby did have her "fits" yesterday about wearing certain clothes, eating certain foods, doing certain things etc...but as the day dragged on she shaped up and was actually super lovable last night (I wondered if someone slipped something into her drink last night at church cuz she was actually hugging and kissing those that she usually runs away from :)). And, Dylan...aside from his daily blow-out all over himself and me (yes, he's still "super" regular)...he's been a doll this week too! Anyway....so I won't go into all the activities, but I will say that the big church musical went superbly last night! Shelby did so great...I honestly don't know if she sang or did the motions (as I was standing behind the scenes helping), but I know she stood up there and smiled and that says something for our defiant and sometimes unruly 3 year old! She looked pretty darn cute in her tool attire too! And Miss Hailey did awesome in her big musical! The whole performance was great!!! Hailey even had a small part in it (she was a sheep)...so that was fun since usually the only kids with parts are the oldest kid (5th graders). Anyway...it was a great night of dancing and singing and we were so happy Kev's parents came to see it...and so thankful that Nina held Dylan the hold time (and he never made a peep...I think he was mesmerized by the lights and the big screen)...and then Poppy held Shelby most of the time too (they love the grandparents!). Anyway...so it was a very busy night for us....we didn't get home til late and the kids were wired from too many cookies. I was definitely ready to fall into bed yesterday...it was a busy night (and an equally as busy morning with Dylan and Shelby both being in eye studies at IU and then our monthly music class at the library)

Anyway...today has been much of the same running around...to church, to gymnastics, through the chaotic aisles of Walmart and soon we'll be off to tennis lessons....then I have to say I am looking forward to 3 days with hardly anything going on!!!! This weekend is going to be glorious! I hear the weather is gonna be super duper, so this might be my big debut weekend on the slip-n-slide...I bet you are all waiting in suspense to hear/see that! :) Ha! So, I'm really looking forward to having nothing on the calendar for a few days. As easy as it is to be sucked in the chaos of every day life and over doing it with activities...I am very much a homebody and I love my time just doing stuff around the house with the kids and being lazy. There is something to be said for that, I think.

Well, I'm plum out of time and my mind is too cluttered with stuff to think of anything fun to say today...sorry! Hope ya'll have a great day (and a great weekend if I don't post again this week)

No comments: