
Oh My...could our little boy be any cuter (and whiter!) with his new bathing suit on from Nina and Pops in FL :)

Wow, Hailey...look at that Slip-N-Slid performance! You go, girl!

Our three VERY white-skinned kiddos enjoying our make-shift pool (aka sandbox) :) Look at that big ol' belly on our boy! :) Ha!

This is what cracked me up the most on Saturday...Dylan just LOVED this slip-n-slide more than anything...he would crawl back and forth under the squirting water and was just elated with laughter and smiles...it was the best thing to watch! Shelby on the other-hand would only sit on the end with the pool in it...she's usually our dare-devil, but I think the squirting water scared her! She would have nothing to do with our wacky Dora sprinkler either (which I admit made Dora look like a possessed doll that was attacking you with water :)).

My girls in the sandbox of water...they really are good friends :)

Everyone just loved to watch big sister slide over and over again...for 5 bucks this thing was a great investment!

Hola, everyone! Well, I must admit my energy level this week is at an all time low so I simply just wanted to post a few pictures of the "fun in the sun" and "fun in the water" that we (meaning the kids) had this past Saturday in the comforts of our backyard. I don't know about the rest of you moms, but I find my greatest joys through the eyes of my happy children...and this Saturday was one of those days. Who knew a simple cheap piece of plastic that squirts water (aka The Slip-N-Slide) could provide so much enjoyment for little ones (and I must say I found myself almost wanting to relive my childhood and slide on down it for a ride also...but I restrained myself for fear of the laughter of neighbors :)). Anyway...so due to my lack of energy this is all I have for today. Hope you have a little more pep in your step today than me! :(
10 comments:
come on, girl, take a ride on the slip and slide... you know you want to!
Look at that form Hailey has!!! :) Cute pics, girl! :)
Now if I WAS THERE, I would go on the slip n slide!Who cares what the neighbors think!!!!!! Get out there and show Hailey YOUR great form!! :):) GUESS WHO!!!???
Ok, so, yes, I REALLY want to try it (I can't hide that from my ol crazy bud Sulu!) No one's supposed to know I used to be a daredevil though (that's top secret info!)...shhh! :) Ok, but I admit...nothing sounds more fun that diving onto a nice big ol' wet piece of plastic :) Just wait til little Jack tries one...then I know you'll be flying through the air with him! Hee, Hee :)
And I can totally picture you (Amanda) and Jared and your cute kiddos doing this...what a hoot that would be (Kohl's had them half off...it was a great b-day purchase for Shelby, which also benefitted the other kids too :))
Ok...and I am really intrigued by the anonymous comment....at first I thought it was mom cuz she's the only one who posts late at night...but now I'm doubting that guess...ok, now I take that back...it has to be my mom with the "if I was there" comment...no fair....you must reveal yourself and when you do you might be locked into your promise of trying the slip-n-slide!
We'll see...I might surprise you all this weekend and have Kev take some pics of me strutting my slip-n-slide stuff :) Oh, won't that be something to look forward to!?!? Ha!
my oh my...if I reveal myself, I have to "slip n slide"!!!!??? Well, kinda hard to do since I wont be up there accept in Oct/Nov and December!:):):)Guess that will keep me from makin a fool of myself! :)Lookin forward to those pics of you Kelly, on the weekend! Love Ya :) xoxoxo
Are you kidding me? You can picture ME on a slip and slide?!?!? Girl, my abs still remember the pain from a day after slipping and sliding, and that was when I was, like, 8 or 9...oh, that hurt!!! Well, maybe since there's not much muscle left anymore, it wouldn't be so bad. NOT!!! :) Can't wait to see pics of you strutting your stuff...get Kev to try it too! lol!!!
Someone's in the spotlight, someone's in the spotlight!!! :)
Ok, first of all....
Mom, I knew it was you!
And who says we can't get the ol' slip-n-slide out in the dead of winter...might be fun to break out a bathing suit and lay that big strip of plastic out on the ice and snow! Sounds fun to me! Tell you what...If you do it you can have a nice extra big cup of hot chocolate after! :) Deal?! And you never know...sometimes there is a warm snap in October! Either way, we'll make it happen! The kids will be very disappointed if Nina is a party pooper and won't slide :)
And "Come on, Amanda!!!" You can do it! You know you want to try it again....maybe the pain of sliding won't be that bad this time around! Hey...if Hailey can do it on our hard clay backyard, you surely can do it on the wonderful soft ground you have in MI! And you know Jared would have great form if he did it too! Live a little...go for it! Ok...so how about I do it first and then I'll get back to you on the pain factor! Or better yet...maybe I'll talk Kev into it and we can all save ourself the embarrassment :) And it totally counts to crawl across the plastic part like a baby...like what Dylan did, right?? I'll keep you posted on my endeavors! :)
p.s...I do admit I'm getting a little intimidated/nervous about all the pressure to perform. I might have to rethink this...hmmm....
oh man, oh man...now I understand your comment, Amanda...about me being in the spotlight...I had no clue what that meant until I just read your blog! Oh crap....now I need to think of something funny to say on my blog...and just when Dylan isn't puking or pooping all over...go figure...I guess I'll have to think of a new "exciting" topic. Maybe I will have to post some slip-n-slide pics of me just to jazz things up a bit! Ha! Thanks for spotlighting me on your famous blog...I'm honored and kinda nervous :) Love ya!
Post a Comment