Tuesday, June 12, 2007

2+3=5

So, as you can quickly tell, these pics are a bit old...but still had to post something today :) The one above makes Dylan's head look a bit warped, but he's still a cutie...warped or not! :)
Here we are at our favorite ice cream place (Cold Stone)...yumm! This was Hailey's last day of school...so we were celebrating in style! As you can see Shelby was not yet healed from her nose-plant :) She's better now!
There is never any secret as to what's in Shelby's mouth :) :) She loves her cotton candy ice cream...as does Hailey :)

Well, we are back to being a family of five...back to the craziness...and bye bye to "just the two of us" :) And ya' know what...I'm completely happy with that. I've missed my sweet children and to have their vibrant energies back in our home...well, I know there has to be some old saying about the laughter of children in your home...and I guess sometimes I forget that or take advantage of that when they are here (and too loud)...but it is a most blessed event to have these little sweethearts back under our roof. It's good to be "back to normal"...don't get me wrong...it was awesome to have some alone time too, but I love our crazy bunch and there is just something about being together that makes me happy. Anyway, but by last night I was completely wiped out....those late nights in the basement and a couple late night movies that we watched...well, that just did me in. I was really hoping to sleep in a bit, but Shelby was up bright and early this a.m. (way earlier than normal...and mumbling something about "missing Nina" :))...go figure. So, it's back to being a mom again, I guess :) I guess the stay at Nina and Poppy's was all-around pretty awesome (and in Nina's words...our kids were "well-behaved and sweet"...really, our kids??? J/K :)). We returned from our "pirate movie" to find the whole group sitting in the car in our driveway. It was a welcome sight :) And from then on there was constant chattiness (by all the kids). Dylan was so excited he was crawling in circles on the floor or more specifically crawling back and forth really, really fast (he does this when he's VERY happy :)) and he was babbling about something important, I'm sure. It was so sweet....I missed my little guy...it was the first time we've ever been w/o him in his 16 mos of life :) And Shelby and Hailey...they were little jabbering fools...talking about everything they did and all the new clothes they got (yes, Nina and Poppy spoiled them as usual :)). So, it was a great time for all, I guess (and I never heard a peep about puke, pee or poop problems...oh my!). Kev's parents said the kids did great....all slept well, all napped well, ate well.....well, mostly...I guess the only incidence was, of course, on Shelby's part :) She apparently bit Hailey very hard on the arm. Now granted she was probably tired and I hear they were rough-housing, but still....she hasn't done that since she was little....and she got a whopping 10 minute time out for it...which is just what we would have done (good job, Nina and Poppy!). So, I guess that was it....all else went well. Hailey was the big helper as always and it sounds like all went smoothly. They went to a fun water park, took some fun bike-rides and walks, and (Hailey's favorite) they went shopping (looks like Hailey might be your power shopper, mom :))....They came home with a big ol' bag of clothes (for all of them)...what a blessing and such cute things (thank you so much!). Hailey could hardly contain herself...she was showing off everything right away. I guess she and Nina had gone to Limited Too, Children's Place and Old Navy while Poppy watched the little kids....what a fun outing for our Hailey....that was so special. So she got to pick out a bunch of different things...and even a reversable bag (she loved that!) Anyway...so I thought my mom would appreciate knowing that someday (or even now) you might have a fellow shopper in the family that'll give you a run for your money :)


So, now my babies are back and I feel complete again. I did miss them so much. Oh, I have to say....we showed them our basement and they went nuts. Dylan was crawling all around (yes, he can actually find floor to crawl on in our basement...it is a miracle :) Ha!) And Hailey and Shelby were so excited by their new playroom and started planning out just what they were gonna do down there (Hailey wants to watch movies and do her homework on the desk (she has always wanted desk in her own room but there is no room in there for more furniture)...so they have big dreams for our "new basement clearing" :) It was very cute.


Thank you again and again to Kev's parents for giving us 3 whole days to get some stuff done...and for offering to do it again in early August! Wow! We have the best parents in the world...they both give so much and are so thoughtful in every way! We love all four of you!


Well, it's back to the grindstone today and I need to get moving. Shelby has her eye appointment today so we shall see if she needs surgery soon. I'll post about that tomorrow hopefully. Adios! :)

No comments: