Today I am just downright thankful...for so many things...
Now believe me I have many, many thankful days, but lately I know the hormones and heat get to me and I sometimes wallow in the big-bellied, uncomfortableness of being very pg. And I just don't want this pregnancy to end w/o this mama saying how blessed I feel to be doing this for the 4th and final time. Never in my wildest dreams did I think many years ago that I'd even have 2 kids much less 4 and then it's almost like I blinked and "wham bam" here I am in this wonderful, blessed situation. To look back on God's plan now, after all the heartache and all those tears of infertility...well, it's humbling to say the very least that he knew all along that we'd have this houseful of kids...and that I just had to be patient and let that plan unfold. We are abundantly blessed and I am overflowing with thankfulness.
I am thankful for the fact that all my babies are healthy and happy. Thankful that this pregnancy has been so very by-the-books (non-complicated!). Thankful that I am able to eat like a normal person after going through that wretched 1st trimester :) (yes, I've been thinking a lot about that lately as I have a few newly pg friends...who seem to pretty lucky and not have the horrible nausea/vomiting that I did :)). Thankful for this big belly that wiggles all day long reminding me that I have this new miracle to look forward to in a couple months! :) Thankful for my sweet out-of-utero kids...for their smiles every day, their hugs, their laughter, their love...so very thankful that God gave them all to us to parent in this crazy world. Thankful for my wonderful husband who works harder than anyone I know to provide for us and does it with a humble heart, never complaining or whining...he's a saint. I'm thankful for my family who's undying love and support surrounds us always. Thankful for my friends who are just as loving and supportive and who warm my heart often with their words of encouragement. I am just overwhelmed today...with thankfulness....of how good God is, how good he's been to me and my family and how much we have to be grateful for.
Years ago I thought our lives would be so different than they turned out to be. I thought we'd be a family of three. I was ok with that. I had to be. But, things would be so very different now if it was just Kev, Hailey and I. It makes me thankful for the drama of Shelby and the stubborn eating habits of Dylan...and the craziness of our growing family. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to even believe they are mine...they were the miracles I always dreamed of, but felt were out of reach. And now to have a new little mystery baby inside me, well, it's more than I deserve....but I can't wait to meet her and see what her personality will be like and to see how wonderfully she'll fit into our family...how she will complete us.
God has been good...so very good to our little Steg family. There is no denying it! After almost 10 years of marriage to the most wonderful man around and the birth of almost 4 beautiful kids there is not a single thing I could ask for that would make me happier than I am now. My heart is full, happy and very thankful to the good Lord from whom all these blessings flowed......Amen! :)
(on a side note, today I have double b-day wishes to two of my lovely pals, Kim and Misty. One turns 31 and one turns 41. You go, girls! You don't look a day over 20 either of you and you are great friends...Happy Birthday!)
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
2 comments:
You indeed have lots for which to be thankful! You have a beautiful family and many, many blessings. Thank you for the very positive post. I needed some positive energy today. :-) This little fam of four is very excited for your little (bigger) fam of (soon-to-be) six. :-)
Hey Cor!
You are so sweet. I think we all get caught up in the every day stuff and don't sit to think how blessed we are and how thankful we should be. I am guilty as charged! You have much to be thankful for too...a truly wonderful, beautiful family!
We WILL get together soon! Kev is planning a business trip and he's trying to schedule that for July so when he's booked that I'll email ya'! Love ya' lots!
Post a Comment