Well, folks, I am just down and out today....it's nothing pregnancy related so don't go thinkin' I'm gonna moan and groan about the heat and my big ol' belly, those are both a-ok today.....
But, I've got a bad case of "missing-my-hubby" blues :( They are the worst kind of blues and something I really don't experience much (thankfully!).
Most of you know that Kev has been gone in Boston on business since Friday morning. He was supposed to be back tonight but I got that dreaded call yesterday where he sadly broke the news that his work was not near completion and he needed another day. I was crushed, but what could I say. I had to keep it together and focus on the positives...like at least he has a job! And to be honest the kids and I are fine. I'm used to being their primary caregiver all day long (though not on weekends)...but we've been doing ok. Kev's parents helped with the girls and took them overnighting on the boat on Friday and kept them the whole next day. Sunday we were busy at church half the day and then in the yard having water fun with neighbors. And with swimming/diving lessons added in there....well, it's been a busy time as normal (thought today has not be stellar). And I can handle all that...if it's one thing I can handle it's a crazy schedule with my kids. I sorta thrive on that. But, one thing I do look forward to at the end of each day is my "hubby time". It might not be anything exciting that we do but lay in bed and watch tv or simply sit quietly...but I guess it's those times that I've missed the last few days....those quiet, cuddly times...well, I guess I've had the quiet, but I miss the cuddly person next to me :)
You'll laugh, but I've been so in need of some interaction that I actually let our cats sleep upstairs last night :) Ok, that might sound weird cuz I'm not at all comparing my cats to my husband, but usually "the beasts" (our affectionate name for our twin 10 year old girl cats, Syd and Sam)...usually they are banished to our basement every night before bed. I can't stand them being upstairs cuz they drive me nuts meowing and sitting on my head and licking any plastic bags around. I have lost all patience for animals since the birth of my kids :) Anyway....last night I decided to give them free reign of the house during the night-time. Kev's gonna laugh if he ever reads this cuz I NEVER let the beasts stay upstairs. But, I guess I was that lonely that it made me feel more at ease to have them in the room with me. And, surprisingly it went ok! Syd slept at my feet all night and only licked one bag (for which I hollered at her!)...and Sam slept with Hailey all night. Not too shabby. I actually slept like a rock so in the future the "beasts" might my be my semi-replacement for Kev :) I know that's sad, but you do what ya' can when you're lonely I guess :)
So, I'm just bummin' today...not b/c the kids and I are suffering w/o daddy...but just b/c we miss him...we miss his presence in our lives. Phonecalls aren't cutting it anymore and Shelby is at her wits end today. She is very concerned about daddy ever coming home...since she has no concept of time she is constantly asking when/if he'll be back. She misses her fav. guy. Even Dylan has been out-of-sorts...wouldn't swim this morning and was throwing his train stuff. I have felt the "hit by a mac truck" way all day...just not motivated to do much and exhausted. We just need our daddy back! And I know he's having a heck of a time in Boston. Don't go thinking he's enjoying his time there...he's been working like 16 hour days since he got there and he's in a strange place all alone and has worked all weekend by himself. Doesn't sound fun to me. There has been no relaxation or any fun, I'm sure. If anything I should be feeling bad for him...not us...cuz I know he misses us too and he truly is alone :(
So, Kev, if you're out there....know that your family loves you and misses you and can't wait for your safe return early Wed. morning :( And to any single moms or wives of traveling hubbies...I have a newfound respect for you. You should be proud of yourselves for living a week or more w/o your hubbies...it's just not my cup of tea (or maybe it is a cup of tea since I hate tea!) :) At any rate...I love my husband and in his absence I truly realize that I can't live w/o him!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
3 comments:
Awww, Kel! I'm sorry you're having to do it all on your own for awhile. I think when we're not used to our guys being gone, it makes it harder...especially when we're pregnant! I missed Jared like crazy yesterday, and he was only at work! I think for me, it's a security thing when I'm pregnant...I feel better when I know he's here.
Praying for you as you stick it out til he gets back! You can do it! Love you!!!!
Wish I was there to drive down and have a girls kids weekend (and leave Devin homw for a change). One more day, you can get through...the first & third weeks are the hardest, fortunately Kevin won't be gone that long and will be back in your arms to cuddle :) Hing in there sis!
Hey Girlies...thanks for the support (though I don't deserve any sympathy from either of you...Amanda, who's big and pg with #5 and, Sis, who deals way too much with a "long lost hubby" :))...but you both are sweet to offer support :) I appreciate it. It's been blissful having my Kev home again...life just seems right again and there's just something about having our main man home...he doesn't even need to be in the house, but to know he's in town just makes my heart happy :) I guess it's a good thing we love our hubbies so much that our heart aches when they are gone. We all are blessed. I agree, that it is a pregnancy/security thing. I often miss Kev too when he's simply at work...but I think that's part of love, right?! When they are gone you feel like a part of you is missing. Thank the Lord for our husbands!
Post a Comment