Above is me on Sunday (33/34 weeks)...looking like I swallowed a watermelon! LOL :) Compare to 28 weeks below...
Well, it's official...I'm in the "duck part" of pregnancy!Ok, so I know that's gonna get some confused thoughts from people, and to make it more clear I'll just say I'm waddling like there's no tomorrow. I don't remember waddling with my other pregnancies, but lo and behold I am with this one! And maybe you can see why from above. Wow...I really have grown in the last few weeks...or I'd rather think it's the baby putting on the poundage (but who am I kidding?!) :) So, here I am at almost 34 weeks and my strut has definitely changed. Actually sometimes my waddle turns into a hobble and I look like a little old lady (especially after my weekly leg cramps...those stink!). The baby bump is definitely making itself known :) But, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love this growing girl inside me and although it's getting cramped in there I'm trying to bask in the ray of pregnancy of these last 6 weeks. Wow...did I actually just say that....6 weeks to go (check out our little pink flying baby on the side of the blog...she's about to zoom off the page!) I still remember when I was just 6 weeks pregnant and starting to get nauseous...and now our baby is about 4 lbs and almost ready to show her face. What an amazing miracle that has transformed over the course of 8 mos. As I often say...I am truly humbled to have done this all again....
All that to say that things are moving along as smoothly as they possibly can. I had my 33/34 week appt this morning and it'll probably be my last normal one...by that I mean from now on I get good ol' "pelvic checks". Not my fav., especially since I've been known to never dilate until the week of delivery...so why go and check me and give me that disappointment a month before my due date! But, baby is doing great...I'm measuring right on schedule (yay!), her head is down (double yay!), and that lil' heart was just thumping away (and she was moving like a crazy lady again this morning...as is an hourly occurrence :)). So, I am thankful...thankful that things are moving along perfectly and that our baby girl just needs to pack a few pounds on before she makes her grand debut in Sept! Grow, baby, grow (but not too much! I really am fine with the average 7/8lber!)
In other news, you might have guessed by now by my lack of blogging/emailing that my wonderful hubby is home safe and sound (sorry, but my communication skills usually go down the crapper when I'd rather be spending time with my Kev...as it should be! :)). It's so great to have him nestled back in my arms (though to be honest there has not been much time for rest/nestling...we've been so busy!)...but it's good to have him home and in our arms again.
The last week has been crazy for us...and I'll just jot all that down in a sentence or two (to be followed by pics later in the week...)....all the kid finished up swim lessons and did great...Hailey finished up diving too (I'm glad it's all over...the last 2 weeks have worn me out being in the pool and sun for 2 hours every day)....we enjoyed a day at our local county fair (it's an annual event and we love it...it was a great time, great food, great rides, etc)...we had a lovely time with our awesome old pals, Chad and Corie and kiddos on Friday night (they even bought Kev a yummy DQ cake for his b-day...what a treat! You guys are the BEST!)....and then Kev and I spent the weekend kid-less and cleaning :( :) I was hoping to find a little enjoyment too (maybe a movie or a nice dinner out), but I ended up sick all weekend (and it was all I could do to get all the laundry done), while Kev worked his booty off cleaning/clearing out our basement (it looks great and is almost ready to be "worked on")....and last, but not least...Kev turned 33 on Sunday...he spent most of the day working in the basement (poor guy!), but his parents did take us all out for a yummy Japanese dinner (I'm sure it was great, but I had totally lost my sense of taste/smell so I could have been eating broccoli stew with tuna mixed in...and it all would have tasted the same to me)...but it was a yummy dinner followed by a cake made from "the wonderful wife" and b-day gifts/treats from the "wonderful kids" :) More on all that in the way of pics to follow.....
Hope you all are having a fantastic week. We are gearing up for a wonderful weekend away (in St. Louis, most likely!) to celebrate our big 10th anniversary (which isn't for a couple weeks)....and the kids are gearing up for school (Hailey starts in 2 weeks...eek!). And I'll just say that I'm slightly overwhelmed. Not so much about the impending delivery or 4 kids...that all seems doable. But, the whole house situation and getting the basement started soon and wanting it all done in the snap of a finger. Well, it's all become obvious that it's NOT going to get done by Sept. and it's weighing on me big time. I am a planner and a perfectionist as you all know, and to not have a place/space for this baby and extra room for our family....well, let's just say I shed a few tears this weekend over my frustrations. Don't get me wrong, I trust that it'll work out and I know that babies don't need much to start out with...but I just want to sit and enjoy my new girl and my last baby when she arrives in Sept. I don't want to be surrounded by the chaos of a basement being finished and a house in shambles. I just want peace and enjoyment.....so I'm praying for that in the coming weeks. I know God has a plan and it will all work out....but I'm a fretter/worrier/stresser-type person (usually) so it all just weighs on my mind. Phew...so there ya' go...my real thoughts for the day....I'm slightly overwhelmed and feeling like a big ol' duck! :) Life is good!! :)
2 comments:
We made your blog! :o) How fun! We had a great time with you guys on Friday night. We need to see each other more often. I too ended up sick over the weekend (late Friday night/early Saturday morning), so I hope I didn't give you the bug. Sorry! I know I owe you an e-mail, and I'll send you a couple of pics from the weekend, too. Hope to see you guys again soon...but definitely by the time Baby Girl Stegs makes her grand entrance to the world! Enjoy this last few weeks. I can't believe the time has flown by so quickly.
Well, you are the prettiest duck I know!!!Still looks like a BOY to me!!!!!Oh my, I just bought quite afew new GIRL clothes today so I hope HE does not mind PINK!! :):)
YIKES, only six more weeks!!!!! Thats crazy!!! Where did the time go!!!??? I cant wait!! Bring her (or HIM) on!! Nina is ready!!LOve Ya, Mom xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment