Sunday, September 28, 2008

1 Week Already?






Is it really true that I have been a mama of 4 for one week already?? I have to admit that it feels like a month or two ago that I gave birth and it honestly feels like Ashley has been a part of our family for much longer than that....

But reality is that she's only been around for 7 days....and I can't even put into words how much I love this little girl. She truly makes our home complete and I am thankful every day for the miracle of this sweet new daughter in our lives. Truly, life cannot get better than this for our family.

I was hoping that with her 1 week "anniversary" here already that I'd have some pics to share, but alas our weekend was quite a bit busier than we thought it would be and we have nothing to show for it (ok, so I just felt guilty and added a few pics above). We had a few visitors come and go (good to see you, Nina and Poppy S., Great-Grandpa M. and Aunt Anne and Uncle Brian), Ashley attended her first adult dinner party last night where she enjoyed being doted on by all the ladies (and some guys too!) :)...and today she even went to church for the first time (and slept the whole time!)...and then she continued to sleep through her first meal out (and we were glad to spend some time with our fav. Steg family in town...Kev's aunt and uncle and 3 cousins)...Ashley even took her first shopping trip out (to Walmart, Sam's and Kroger and again slept the whole time)...so it was a full, full weekend and we are exhausted. Mostly exhausted cuz Ashley decided to not sleep so well last night (this was after her stellar sleeping spree on Friday night where she only got up once! I knew that was too good to be true!).

But, we really can't complain...Ashley is a doll baby and really is so much like her big sis Hailey (very laid back) and I hate to even admit this, but I think we might have our first NON spitting/NON reflux child! Shhhh....don't tell Ashley we said that cuz I hate to jinx it...but so far all our kids have been major upchuckers...you know...the projectile kind...but so far Ashley hardly spits at all....hurrah for that! AND.....this is BIG....she takes a PACIFIER!!! A BIG HURRAH for that! Only Hailey took one and she was the one who didn't really need one....we prayed for Shelby to take one and she never would! So, we feel pretty blessed...a paci-taking-non-puking-baby is a BIG thing!

Anyway...so that's life in our house as of this weekend...and tomorrow reality hits as Nina and Pops go back to FL and daddy goes back to work and mommy is left alone with to tend to the flock again :) Should be good times! And hopefully in our "free" time this week daddy Kev can put some pics up for the viewing public! Thanks for your patience, friends! Happy 1-week birthday, my dear Ashley Claire....mommy is so glad you've graced us with your presence cuz honestly a part of me thought I'd still be pg now!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a great pleasure to see Miss Ashley with each member of your family.
Everyone is so beautiful and seems so happy with this young princess in the arms, thank you to share your joy with your readers.
Many many kisses
Nathalie

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, I miss you guys already and we have only been home an hour!! Love each one of these pictures!!! LOve all their little personalities!! :) It was a wonderful 3 weeks!!! I am one blessed GRANDMA!!! See you in 2 weeks!! Love Ya, Mom

Pippy said...

Oh Kel! I love, love, love the pictures that you put up! Ashley does look like Hailey! I looked like my oldest sister and I think we had the same traits as babies!
I'm so happy that she is so far a puke free baby...I know how fun that can be! But last babies are always the best, I should say so myself!:)
Anyway! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Miss ya and love ya lots!
Cil

Anonymous said...

PS...are those BALLET hands I see on my little Ashley??? Has Hailey already been teaching her how to
"pose" those fingers??? :)Nina G

vschaaf_family said...

Hi Kelly - Love those pictures! She is such an absolute doll!! Glad to hear things are going well. I'll be thinking of you as you adjust to a new routine again. Best wishes to you & your family. Sorry for the short posts, there are just not enough hours in the day!

Love,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Look at these sweet pictures...my heaven's Kelly you look like a model in the first picture...all doe eyed and pretty after labor!

Such sweeties, you are blessed!

Corie said...

Kelly, you look amazing in those birth pictures! You look like you just finished getting showered and made up! (I look terrible in my post-delivery pics!) Good for you! :o) And what sweet photos of your babies all together! You're a good-lookin' family! :o) Let's pray that little Ashley will continue to like that paci and not get the urge to spit up or flat-out hurl! Too funny! It's the little things we remember most, right? Hope Ashley is feeling better! Take care of yourself and get some rest! (I know...easier said than done!)

Steg state runner Loggy