
Well, it's been a good day...and I am just feeling very thankful tonight...thankful for so many things, but especially the fact that I have such a wonderful, sweet family. Just a week ago I was waiting...wondering when our new girl would join our family...thinking that day might never come...and just like that she was here...and it's like she's been here all along....it's just a miracle like no other...I am daily just thankful for the gift of life...for my children, my husband, my family, my friends.....
So, it's been almost a week of Ashley in our home...a tiresome, but wonderful week....
Today we made a quick jaunt to the peds office. She had to have a 48 hour weight check and it was more of an actual appt than just a sitting on the scale. Our girl is lighter now than in-utero, but still a hefty 9lbs, 4oz...which is no surprise as most babies lose weight the first week and actually the day we left the hospital she was 9, 3 already....but I have no doubt she'll be in the 10lb range soon with her vigorous eating skills...boy, does our girl LOVE to eat. She even tries to eat the collar off daddy's shirt or suck on his forehead (yes, he likes to tease her!). The girl also has some super poop shooting skills, which she showed off today :) We have such talented babies, don't we?! But, aside from eating and pooping, Ashley is looking healthy and happy. She is slightly jaundiced, but actually of all our kids I think she is the least bit yellow-looking. They did a cool new bili test on her too (one that reads her levels through her forehead with a scanner...very high tech and sure beats a poke on the foot!) Anyway...so it was a fun morning for our girl. She cried her eyes out for quite a bit, but then settled down and even let mommy and daddy take her out to a yummy breakfast...what a treat! :) It's been so nice having Nina and Pops here to help with the other kiddos so we can have more freedom to do stuff like "a breakfast date" or just run to the store w/o 4 kids. We're gonna miss them come Monday! And I'm gonna be missing my hubby too...it's been nice to have him home all week! He and my dad even did some basement work, installed a new dishwasher (go figure that ours bit the dust this week!)...so lots has been accomplished this week...
So, I just wanted to put my heart out there and say how thankful I am again today. God has been so good to our little (now big) family and sometimes I just have to pinch myself that I am where I am. I might be exhausted, but I wouldn't want to be any other place in my life....
With that I'll bid you all a great weekend. Hopefully Kev can find the time this weekend to help me put some of our pics up on a website to view. I'll let you know if that happens. And thanks to those of you who wrote on our new girl's hospital website. We will cherish what you wrote always. For those of you who want to still write, the link is the previous post. We'd love to remember all our friends and family who were thinking of us when Ashley arrived! Hope you all have a great weekend!
2 comments:
a wonderful photo of you and your little girl.
Both of you are so beautiful and little Ashley seems to be so quiet in your arms.
I send you many many kisses.
Nathalie
OMG, sis, you look terrific!!! and Ashley is a beauty :)
Post a Comment