Ok, folks...check this creative gift out!!! I know I hinted at my wonderful neighbor friend, Jill's awesome, talented and super creative craft skills...but have you ever seen a gift so darn cute?! I have most certainly not, and I still can't bear to take it apart and even look inside and see the other goodies hiding in there! Yes, it's a "baby supply cake"...one for our new baby girl to be more specific! Doesn't it look good enough to eat (ok, so it wouldn't be very tasty, but it's truly adorable!). Look at how she used baby blankets to make the cake layers and inside are diapers holding it up...and then socks rolled up as flowers on the bottom...and washclothes at the top. Along with all the adorable baby goodies on the top (a super cool onesie, bottle, nuks, teether, and a headband). It's the cutest gift ever! Jill and the Hoots across the street really outdid themselves! We were so very touched and grateful (and impressed with their handiwork!)!
Here's Dylan checking out his sister's "cake" :) Can you tell he just wants to dig into it....and believe me...the cake is not what it was when we got it the other day due to them all looking inside and carrying it around :)
The big mama with the lovely Jill creation...pic courtesy of big sis, Hailey!
And look at this onesie that Jill found! Is that not perfect for our bloggy baby girl?! You can bet you'll see a pic of our new girl in this soon on the ol' blog! Too funny! :)
And here's the jolly siblings showing off their oh-so-generous gifts from our wonderful neighbors! Wow! The movies and coloring goodies have been keeping the kiddos very busy while mama tries to get into nesting mode (and some have been set aside for "hospital activities for the kiddos")...and can you sorta see the big sis/bro t-shirts?! I have been wanting to buy some and never took the time to find any (or make any as I've done in the past) and Jill just reads my mind and goes and finds these adorable ones...You can't see Shelby's but it says "I'm the middle sister" (with a princess on it) :) How cute! Love them! I took a better pic yesterday of them wearing the shirts, but those are still on the camera...and you can be sure you'll see pics of them in these when their sister is born!Jill and Fam...you truly outdid yourself!! Not only have you been some of our #1 supporters during this pregnancy (and way before!), but you are just some of the kindest and most generous friend around! We truly can't thank you enough! I know I say it all the time, but we are truly blessed by wonderful friends/family...and that goes for all you wonderful blog readers out there!
4 comments:
Oh that is sooo cool! I wish I was that creative! I love the onesie...adorable!
Ok, that is the coolest gift I've ever seen. Can she move out here and be my neighbor?!
WOW! She should sell those! I'd buy one!
Oh, stop! You give me too much credit for creativity that I rip off other people! ;-) I always say, "Why reinvent the wheel?" Ha!
We had such a blast picking out little things for Baby Girl Stegs! And, putting it together was a cinch -- especially with the little velcro squares! The onesie was my favorite! I could not have come across a more perfect one than that! ;-)
I am glad that the kids liked their goodies too! I know getting a new baby sister is such a big deal for them! We love your family! Ross said last night that if we ever decide to move, we'll have to move in tandem!
Just a few more days to go until D-Day ("Delivery Day)!! Yea! Did you get your bag packed?
Love ya! Jill
Post a Comment