Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy B-day to my "Old' College Bud, Cil!

Well, today makes #31 for my awesome ol' college bud, Priscilla (or Cil as I still like to call her)! So, I thought it appropriate to give a big bloggy b-day shout-out to her on the east coast! For those of you who don't know Cil she's a super energetic, fun and wonderful gal and she's been a true friend to me for goodness knows how many years. I still remember fondly our wonderful days at Calvin with lots of laughs and good times (don't worry...I won't drag up all those crazy Spring Break pics, Cil!) :) But, trust me, there were many good times. And she's stuck by me all these years, even though we hardly see each other. She's just that kind of true friend. We watch each other from afar through blogs and facebook and emails and every once in awhile we get a chance to see other in person (was the last time really back in 2005 when I was prego with Dylan?) Crazy! But, I'm so excited for my great friend...she's now living a great life and is a wife-to-be to the wonderful Matt (I haven't met him yet, but he looks perfect for Priscilla!) And I can't wait to see them get hitched next July in MI! So, here's to you, my friend, on your big b-day. May this coming year be the best you've ever had full of lots of laugin' and lovin' as you make a new life for yourself with the man of your dreams! Love ya' lots and happy 31st, Cil! (I tried to find those old pics of us trying on wedding dresses back in 1998...but couldn't find them in our chaotic house...but trust me...Cil made a beautiful bride back in 1998 when we were shopping for my dress and she'll make a lovely "real" one next year for sure!! :))

1 comment:

Pippy said...

You are one great friend Kel! Thanks for the b'day shout out! It put a great big smile on this sickie face of mine out here in DC! I'm so glad you were not able to find those pictures of us...maybe next year!:) You have been such a wonderful, true, kindred spirit friend over the years and I wish we lived closer! And yes, it was 2005 that we saw each other last! :( Hopefully we'll get to see each other before July 3, 2009!
Thanks again for the great b'day wishes! Loved the card...hoops and yoyo are the best!:)
Love you lots and hope that baby girl of yours comes soon...like today would be great...a great b'day present!:)
Hugs my friend!
Cil:)