Monday, September 15, 2008

Due Date is Here...Baby is Not :(

Well, Sept. 15 is here and over halfway gone and still no sign of this baby dropping out of me :( It's pretty cruel that the lil' pink flying baby on the side of the blog says "Hooray, I've arrived"....what's up with that kind of joking?! :)

Ok, so honestly it's ok. I wasn't holding my breath that I'd have this baby on my due date and in all honestly I've thought all along she would be late just like the majority of my babies...and I really have peace that she'll arrive in perfect timing....

With that in mind I should break the news that we canceled our induction for Wed. Before you go making chicken sounds at me and shaking your head in dismay, let me just say that it wasn't just my nervous anxiety over my past induction that caused me to cancel. It was a few other things as well that just weighed on my heart and told me it wasn't time and there was really "no rush". First off, I found out yesterday that Kev's co-worker (let me remind you he only works with one other guy)...well, this friend/co-worker is out of town all week (yes, horrible timing, but apparently this work trip of his was planned well before our pregnancy occurred)....anyway...so that leaves Kev alone at the office all week. Now don't worry...if I go into labor on my own my hubby will still definitely be by my side and his company will manage somehow, but I just didn't feel right scheduling a needless induction 2 days past my due date and have him purposely leaving his office w/o staff. Not to mention that yesterday's nasty wind storm (Ike) left his office w/o any power so my sweet, tired hubby has actually been there for the last 24 hours and could possibly be there the next couple days as the generator for his computers needs to be reloaded with gas every 2 hours (so, yes he is getting blippits of sleep and is able to come home and shower briefly)...but his life might be lived at work this week unless I miraculously go into labor. All this makes me "none too happy" and I've been very emotional today. I mean, come on...what kind of crappy timing is this??!! It's my due date and I'm fairly certain I'll have this baby this week one way or another...and my husband is stuck at work w/o help or power. Bad, bad, bad timing :(

Anyway...I didn't really get on the ol' blog today to complain...but just to lay my heart out there. I am struggling. I worry about going into labor any day and having a husband so tired from working 24/7 that he can't be the support I need him to be and that he'll be too tired to enjoy his new daughter. It's all just weighing on my mind, not to mention I'm still just plain wiped out. I tried my darndest to get out and keep busy today and keep walking (ya' know to encourage any labor that might be on it's way?!), but the "hicks" are few and far between and although I think I had a few strong contractions yesterday they have subsided now and were very sporadic anyway.

So, the next OB appt is tomorrow and we'll see what the doc says. He'll probably call me a chicken and want to know why we backed out of the induction, but so be it. I'd like to be at least a week over before I think about going through that kind of pain again. So, for now we wait...I really will be surprised if this little darling doesn't come this week, but I guess she has her own timing and my opinion has nothing to do with her willingness to enter the world. But, I just ask for prayers today...for many things...but specifically that the power comes on at Kev's office, that he can get some rest tonight and that this baby comes in her own perfect timing and is perfectly healthy and not sumo-size. And before I sign off I just want to thank all you faithful readers for your support, thoughts and prayers thus far. Your comments have made me smile in the midst of being exhausted and slightly stressed...so, thank you for that! I appreciate you all so much. I'll keep ya' posted and here's to me still being baby-less on my due date....oh "joy"! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear Kelly,
Please don't be sad, everything will be OK and your little husband will be near you at the good time.
Please, think that very soon, you will have a wonderful baby in your arms, you will forget all this stressed moments.
I send you all my love and kisses.
Nathalie

Anonymous said...

At least you mom is with you:) Imagine being alone at home with the kids...see I always see a bright side. AND here is another bright side (sorry Kev, trying to cheer up your wife)NOW HE is understands what it is like to be up evey couple hours to PEE!!! Everything will be fine!!! Kevin and you will have the same sleep deprovation (hey, YOU get the epidural!!!)--see how married couples have things in common. Like I said before...you mom is there, so don't worry!!! I know you don't drink, but have one of those fancy ones and maybe it will relax this little girl and she'll come out :) Love ya, sis

Corie said...

Aw, Kel. Hang in there, girl. It's almost over. I don't blame you for canceling the induction, though. It seems pretty obvious that was the right thing to do. This little girl will get here sooner or later. Make up your own new "due date" (say next week sometime) and be pleasantly surprised when she comes "early!" :o) You just gotta get the due date thing out of your brain or trick yourself if you can't (or at least I would, if it were me). Seems like your kiddos like to surprise you anyway...no use worrying, I guess. And Kevin will somehow pull together the strength to at least look like he's wide awake and enjoying his newest baby girl! :o) He wouldn't miss it, I'm certain. I'm sure all will go wonderfully no matter when it happens. Enjoy the time with your mama and kiddos and try to forget about the calendar. (I know, sounds great, but doing it...? Another story.) Anyway, hang in there. Keep yourself busy to keep the clock tickin', and soon enough, you'll be holding that tiny little bundle in your arms! I'm very excited for you! I hope to be feeling 100% ASAP so we can come and meet her soon! :o) Prayers coming your way...