Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Soon??

Well, I just had my final OB appt....ok, so I know I said that last week, but this time it's the truth!

I'm now 3cm dilated, 90% effaced and definitely on my way...which honestly doesn't surprise me. I've had a couple days this week where I know the contractions were real (not those dumb ol' "hicks" :))....so I guess that must be moving things along. YAY! :) My doc thinks I'll most likely go soon (this week), which has been my guess all along. But, just in case I don't we have an induction set up for next Monday (Sept. 22). At that point it won't be an elective induction since I'll be a week over (meaning I can't chicken out and cancel it!)...so for sure we'll have a baby in less than week! The only bummer is that my doc will only be on call tomorrow and then on vacation next week (go figure)...what's with all these people taking vacations lately?! Don't they know I'm having a baby any day! Ok, so it's my fault that I won't probably have him deliver my baby since I chickened out of the induction...and I highly doubt this baby will wait to arrive til Sunday when Kev's parents get back from vacation. But, I'm ok with all of that.....she'll come when she's ready and it'll be perfect timing....

And I must offer some praise today and some answered prayers....a couple hours after I wrote my post yesterday Kev's office electricity was restored! YAY! He did have to go back into work twice last night, but he did end up sleeping a few hours in his/our own bed. And he did train his old co-worker in case the whole electric failure happens again this week while I'm in labor. So, that's a double praise. Thanks to all who were praying about that...I was feeling much less emotional about it all last night after that bit of good news.

Now we just need to pray for this baby to come on her own and to be healthy and perfect. My plan is to continue to stay busy and maybe run a marathon today to get things moving...ok, so running is not really my style...but maybe a brisk walk or a bumpy ride through the country :) I'll be sure to keep ya'll posted! Send any contraction vibes my way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quiet quiet Dear Kelly
You scare me : please don't do a marathon, I am not sure that your baby appreciates that so much, but who knows ....
Big kisses
Nathalie

Candy said...

Think you could go into labor tonight or early am? I had guessed Sept 17th at 6:30 am, so I need you to get on it. LOL..... your mom guessed 3:30pm and I have to beat her...I'll let you win when I have mine....
Love, Ya
Candy

Steg state runner Loggy