A few final belly pics to pass the time...above is me on Monday (due date)...looking large and in charge! Below is me 4 weeks ago...
And I'm totally not a fan of bare belly pics (at least of myself!)...but we tried to take a few on my due date since I'll never be sporting a belly this big again! :) I made it black and white cuz I'm really not too comfortable showing all that skin! :) Hailey was so sweet though...laying her head on my belly and Dylan was kissing it over and over again...Shelby just thought the whole idea was craziness, but she cooperated for the candy bribe that was being given :)
...and, no, I'm not talking about myself! :)
I've decided that this baby girl has just made herself a home for life in my uterus....and I might just be pg forever! Ok, so I know "all good things must come to an end" at some point....but at this point in time I'm feeling it's gonna be awhile. Still praying I'll have this baby in my arms before the Monday induction...and I feel in my heart I will, but part of me is just feeling like I've been pregnant for eternity and will continue to be that way....
Not really complaining though...my comfort level is a-ok this week. Maybe it's the nice cooler weather or the the fact that I can breathe easier since this baby has dropped even more...or maybe it's just the knowledge that the end is really in sight and in a week we should actually be home from the hospital and just enjoying our family of 6 with Nina and Pops here too!
It's a little weird to think that I actually could have a baby in my arms right now (or still be in horrible labor!) if I'd gone through with the induction early this morning. But, I feel very at peace with that decision! I really just didn't think my body or this baby was ready...and I really am ok being a few days overdue (thought I'm all about going into labor soon too!) So, yes, I am now 2 days past my "EDD" (estimated due date)...and I'm sorry to those of you out there who made baby arrival date guesses that have long since passed (I really tried to have this baby out by this morning, Candy, I was rooting for you to win...and you too, Jill...I liked your guess of a 9lb, 14oz baby at 9:14 on 9/14)...but I guess none of that was meant to be....and actually I just went back and checked and there is only a handful of people who guessed I would be later than this! So, here's to you guys winning! Maybe Sis Candy should make another guess since she already made two?! :) And, mom, I'm all about your guess...if I jump up and down right now maybe we can deliver this baby at home in 30 minutes and you can win! Sound fun?! :)
Anyway...we're still in waiting mode...no contractions really...just hicks here and there...and I've just been going about life in the normal way....shopping with Nina, getting my sister-in-law's shower invites all made (yay, they're done!), getting the house clean (Nina and I went on a rampage yesterday...thanks, Mom!) :)...so pretty much life around here is just the normal, boring stuff. Just trying to stay busy and keep my mind off labor (or lack of). I opted out of running that marathon I was tempted to run yesterday, but I've been on my feet as much as possible and so far this baby is just not amused or at all enthused about entering this world. So, there she sits in my big ol' belly and here I sit just waiting....such is the life of an overdue mama.....
As always I'll try to keep ya' posted but if you don't here from me in the next couple days it's probably cuz I have nothing new to report....so, stay tuned and keep sending those contraction vibes my way! :)
7 comments:
Hi Dear Kelly,
In France, we have a Feminine first name : "DESIREE", it means : wished : when you wait something very strong since a long time.
It was just an idea for the first name. But I am sure that the one you choose for your little girl will be more pleasant.
BRAVO for the wonderful photos of you and I love the photo with you and your children
Shelby : as Julia Roberts in Steel Magnolia
Dylan : as Luke Perry in 90210 Beverly Hill
Sorry for the lovely Hailey, I don't find an actor with his first name but she is unique and so pretty.
I also play with your other friend and I don't know why but I am sure you will have your baby Friday.
I send you big big kisses from Pari
Nathalie
Sorry for all the mistakes I write, I tired tonight and my english is not perfect at all.
Kisses
Nathalie
You look so cute pregnant! You're all baby...the rest of you looks perfectly skinny as always...lucky girl! :o) How do you do it? Anyway, that photo of your baby-in-utero and the rest of your "babies" is sure to be a favorite for a long time to come. Love that you thought to do that kind of pic. Can you believe there will be a fourth little one standing beside you in no time? You're a lucky gal, Kel. Congrats on Number Four...whenever she might arrive!
You don't even know me (I'm a friend of Wendi's), but I read your blog pretty regularly, and have been checking daily now to see if the baby girl has arrived yet! Can't wait to see her! =)
You look great by the way!
Hold out just a little longer, Sept 19 will be here before you know it ; ) I would love to "win," even though the prize is really for you, not me : )
You're doing great! Still be-boppin' around town! I love your "get-up-and-go" attitude! We have been praying for you and Baby Girlie Stegs (as Maddie calls her!) I know you'll be in good hands at the hospital! ;-)
Love you all! Jill
Howdy Girls!
You are all so sweet to comment and boost my spirits in the midst of my overdue-ness :)
Nathalie...you are too funny :) Yes, I have realized that our Dylan and Shelby have semi-famous names. I was a big fan of 90210 and Luke Perry was a big crush of mine back in the day...who knew I'd name a son of mine after him :) And I loved Steel Magnolias and Julia Roberts as Shelby :) And your name suggestion is lovely and very fitting for our girl whom we are waiting forever to meet! :) I do hope your Friday prediction is correct...seems like a great day to meet our new girl! I will keep you posted and will email if time permits! Do not at all worry about your English...I know only a few French words so you are doing better than I! :) Hugs from Afar!
And Hey Cor! I laughed this morning when I read your blog...thanks for thinking of me yesterday and for the labor well wishes that weren't meant to be! I wish she'd arrived yesterday, but obviously she didn't want that birth date! And you are too sweet to comment on my prego pics. I feel larger than life these days so it's nice when friends say otherwise :) I'd love to be a person that is "all baby" but honestly I think I just gain all my weight proportionally so it's kinda all over now which might make me look like a "skinny" pg lady, but I'm really just foolin' you...I'm big all over! But, you are so kind! It is hard to believe that any day I won't be carting this belly around anymore...and instead she'll be in our arms. I've never been a big belly pic person, but I forced myself to take more pics this time around just to have that memory...
And Hi, Joia! I actually feel like I know you very well! I have been reading your blog for what seems like forever thanks to Wendi's link on her blog :) I love to follow your life and do so every week. Keenan is just adorable and reminds me of our Dylan and I love to hear about other pregnancies so am following your #2 as well! We pregos need to stick together! I know Wendi cherishes your friendship and I wish I was nearer to her to see her pg belly and meet lil' Isaac (btw I laughed so hard at your reaction when she told you at Chick Fila!). Hope she returns safely tomorrow! Thanks for staying tuned to our lives and I will continue to do that with you and your sweet family :) And I have to comment that you make some awesome desserts! I am hoping to make some of them when I'm back in the kitchen post-birth! Hugs from Indiana to FL! :)
And Hey, Laura...I'm totally rooting for tomorrow for you! You could very well be the big winner! I'll have to come up with some big prize to send you!
And Hootie Mama across the street! Thanks for all the encouragement and for saying I'm still boppin' around town! I'd much rather be sitting lazy in my bed with my feet up, but I figure moving is more apt to get the girl out of me! You know I'll keep ya' posted and thanks for the all the Hoot. prayers!
Post a Comment