Sunday, September 21, 2008

Introducting our Newest Daughter...



Ashley Claire!

Yep, she finally arrived this morning at 8:30a.m.....

And, yep, she was sumo size and almost the exact same size as her big bro....9lbs, 15oz and 22.5 inches...ouch!

Labor actually went great (thanks to my super duper epidural and I think I only pushed two times and out she popped!)....

She's as beautiful as her big sisters and actually is the spitting image of her big sis, Hailey (Hailey actually proclaimed when she saw her that she was her "mini-me" :))....but as you can see from the pics she has a headful of dark, thick hair (like all our kids have as newborns...but especially like Hailey had)...and she's just precious....so far she LOVES to eat and if she's not latched on to me she's chewing on her blanket or her fist or her fingers or anything near her...and she's a super pooper too (Nina got to change a big one already!).....

Anyway...I could go into lots more detail about how wonderful it is that she is FINALLY here and how beautiful and perfect she is, but I haven't slept in what seems like days and I am plum tuckered out! So, I apologize to any of you who are reading this before we've gotten a chance to call you...we've been very busy with the siblings here...and I am off to take a nap now.....but be rest-assured there will be more details and pics to come! Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support....we are so in love with our new baby girl and our family of 6...God is good and his blessings overflow for our lil' Steg family! :)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous! I love her already! Keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! Another friend of mine also had a baby this morning!! For the last 6 Sundays or more, a friend of mine has had a baby. All on Sundays!!!

Glad things went well. That is a big baby, alright! OUCHie!!! I still remember like yesterday giving birth even though our daughter turns 3 weeks today! OUCH!!!

Rose B.
LooktoJesus xanga blog

Corie said...

She's absolutely beautiful! :o) I would never have guessed you were carrying an almost-10-lb baby girl! :o) Glad she's healthy and you both did well. And go, mamma, for being on your blog just a few hours after delivery! Big congrats to everyone! Can't wait to meet her. Take care.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
OMG, She looks just like Hailey when she was born...except bigger. Ashley is beautiful! You did it mom :) Enjoy time bonding with your little girl. We love you, sis.

Corie said...

Oh, and I forgot to comment on her name! It's a good one...a good mix of traditional and trendy. And her middle name is the same as our little girl's! :o) Good pickin'!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you held in there and got your wish of no induction. Ashley looks beautiful.

HootieMama said...

She's absolutely beautiful! I am so glad that everything went smoothly and you can now see that sweet girl's face. I love the name! I love her hair! She's just darling.

Welcome to the world, little one! You are a blessing.

Jill & the Hoots ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, this young lady is wonderful.
I send her all my best thoughts from Paris and many many kisses.
Nathalie

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are my hero! Any woman who can resist induction AND deliver an almost 10 pounder ROCKS!!!
I'm so glad she's finally here and that things went smoothly. Don't you love how quickly they come out after you've had a couple before? lol. She's precious!
Love you guys TONS...try to get some rest before heading home to the chaos...lol. :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Yay! I know so many people were praying for an induction free event. Hurrah!

Anonymous said...

Congrats all~ God's perfect timing! Thought about you lots this week! So happy for you!
Gramma Di

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We're so excited for your family. I'm also glad that you didn't have to be induced. Can't wait to meet your newest addition. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from North Carolina! Rich and I received the good news this morning. She is so beautiful and we cannot wait to meet her!! Hope you get some rest now. Janet

Kristin Arnold said...

AWESOME! I only laughed a little that YOU look terrific and Kevin looks like he hasn't slept in days. Beautiful, beautiful family. Can't wait to hug you in person. (Her, too!)

Anonymous said...

Whoo HOO! She's a beauty Kelly :o)
How wonderful for you all...Isn't it a great thing?
So sweet she is and you all just look pleased as plums. Are you home already?

Hugs from the Pfeiffer 6 :o)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

So, so happy for you guys! She is beautiful!! Spoil her and get some rest! :) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Stegs:
She is beautiful, like the other kids. Say Hi to Nancy and rest up a little.

Bob and Laura

Anonymous said...

She's such a beautiful baby! Congratulations Steg Family! Catch you on the email, Kelly....

Love,
The Forrest Family

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is beautiful! I told you that she was trying to beat Luke in weight:) She was almost there! I am so glad that she is here and you finally get to hold her. We can't wait to meet the newest addition to the Stegemoller Family!
Lots of love,
Josh, Ann, Emma, and Luke

Anonymous said...

Ashley and I are so happy and excited for you guys! I dont know how you do it with three but I have no doubt you will succeed in the raising of yet another. Good luck and we hope to see you and the entire family in the near future.

Love,
Josh and Ashley

Heidi's Blog said...

You guys she is beautiful!!!! Congratulations! Kelly I absolutely love your Blog! I could spend hours reading it, wish I had more time to read it. I think I got all caught up today! Hee Hee! I love Ashley's hair!
Hope to see you all soon!
Love Heidi

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful, we can't wait to meet her!!

Steg state runner Loggy