Well, I just got back from my last OB appt :) :(
I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about that. It's just been one of those exhausting days....
Good news is that I'm now 2cm (80% effaced) after having been 1cm (70% effaced) for the last few weeks....not that that means I'm going into labor any time soon...but progress is progress right?! :)
Anyway...the title above is indeed true though...we didn't intend to have "an end is sight" today, but somehow the doc talked us into it and we are now scheduled for an induction next Wed., Sept. 17. (2 days after my due date). Our doc (the one that we prefer at least) is on call that day so that's why that date was chosen. In all honestly I'm feeling mixed emotions about the induction. I've always had inductions set up with all my pregnancies...Hailey's was for IUGR issues and done early and was horrendously awful (over 40 hours of labor and terrible pain)...but with Shelby and Dylan I got lucky and went into labor on my own right before the scheduled induction. I'm hoping the same goes for this baby, but I'm not feeling super confident about that. So, there is a slight possibility that if Monday rolls around and I'm still feeling non-confident that I'll cancel the induction and just see how the week pans out (can you tell having one induction scarred me for life :))
So, as of this moment we should be a family of 6 in less that a week with a sweet new fully named girl in our arms :) Yes, we have decided on a middle name (or maybe I should say that Kev gave in and let me pick :)). Either way, she will have a full name and even if she's a "he", we have some options too....better than how the name game was going a few days ago, that's for sure! So in less than a week I'm gonna most likely be a mama of 4! Wow...I really need to sit and think about that for the next 5 days :) And if you think of us just say a prayer that this baby decides to come on her own before then...any time this weekend would be great...or even early next week. Our schedule is clear for baby arrival (or clear enough....). So, yay for the "end in sight" and here's to me going into labor before next Wed's induction! I'll keep ya' posted....
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
4 comments:
Heehee...did you read MY blog yet? It seems we're in a race to the finish now, lol. :) Love you and praying for you!!!
Don't let them push you around , sis!!! You do what feels right! But maybe with the impending date, little missie will decide to initiate things on her own! Call you when we get home :) Love you!!!
Don't worry Dear Kelly, I am sure it is going to arrive very soon.
Kisses
Nathalie
I know I keep saying this, but I'm very excited for you guys! I'll be praying that either Baby Girl comes early or your induction goes quickly! If it makes you feel any better, I was induced with my little guy, and he was born 8 hours after my water was broken. Fairly easy stuff, and he was my first. So there IS hope. Don't worry too much about it...you have other (happier) things to think about! Anyway, good luck, and CALL US! If you're up for visitors in the hospital, we'd love to come down and see you (especially if it's this weekend...no soccer!). Good luck girl!
Post a Comment