Well, it's official...September is finally here! Hurray! :)
I remember back in January when Baby Stegs #4 will still fresh in our minds and I thought this month would never come...especially when I was drowning in those early days of puking and only eating Subway subs :) And now look how far we've come. I'm one big mama lately with this protruding belly of mine and it's only a matter of weeks now before "new little girl" makes her smiley appearance! I can't wait!
And with delivery month upon us I thought I'd share some good/BIG news as well!
Hold onto your keyboards, people.....and let's here a drumroll.....
Our "once nameless baby girl" now has a NAME! :) Yep, you read that correctly and no, I'm not pulling your leg. Kev and I finally came to an agreement a couple days ago (shocking, I know :)). In all honesty the day we found out we were having a girl I had a feeling "this name" would be it. Not because it was one of my "list toppers", but because it was on Baby Stegs #3 list, who obviously turned out to be a bouncing baby boy (and didn't need this girl name :)). Actually I vetoed this name back in 2005/06, but I always kept it in the back of my mind if we happened to have a #4...cuz although it wasn't on my list it wasn't like most of the "old lady/traditional" names that Kev usually has on his list :)
So, there ya' go...the BIG news of the day. Our daughter has a name. Now mind you she only has a first name as of now...the middle name is still up for grabs. We have a few possibilities, but either I or Kev aren't crazy about them (big surprise, we disagree yet again :))...so the "full name" is still up in the air. But, I think having a first name is better than nothing! And as far as telling everyone....NOPE, not gonna happen (though you are welcome to make your guesses :)). We are name-secret-keepers....sorry! Not even the siblings will know the official name before d-day. I thought about giving out some hints, but all I'll say is that we only know a handful of these "named kids" in Bloomy...actually I can only think of 2 of them...and I think we know only one MI person with this name...so, while it's a more trendy name, it's not overused.
So, here's to our newly named girl and to me maybe sleeping better at night knowing she won't be nameless when she pops out! Happy Labor Day to all and here's to NO labor for me for a couple more weeks! I'm off to take a much-needed nap!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
4 comments:
Umm, why so secretive? We are going with Brooke Addison just wanted to make that public record in case you were thinking of stealing our name! - Your Bro
And here I just sent you a slew of suggestions (literally right before I checked your blog!)!! Nevermind! I always do things backwards! Ha! Good for you guys! I know that's a load off your mind. A middle name will fall into place -- don't worry.
Put that on the good ol' "Ta-Da!" list!! (You know me, I hate to-do lists! I like having a list of things I've actually done! Ha! The bad part is that it's always the shorter of the 2 lists!)
Love ya! jill
Yippee!!!!! Now both my new grandaughters have names!!! The middle name can be figured out later! :) That certainly must be a load off your minds!! How bout Hannah,? for the next storm on the list of them that seems to be traveling this way!! The one behind her is Ike...guess that wont work in this case!! :) Congrats on agreeing!!Happy Labor Day with NO labor!! Love, Mom
Ok, Ok...so leave it up to my lil' bro to go and "show me up" and share HIS daughter's name! Thanks, Bro! :) I know you think I'm nuts for being so secretive, but honestly it has nothing to do with secret-keeping or torturing people (like mom :))...I just really like to keep one thing for delivery day (ok, so maybe that does count as a secret :))....and honestly I remember picking out names for Hailey and saying some of them to people and how crude/rude some people were about them...so ever since then I've decided not to share that bit of news. Not that people would say mean things about this name, but I just don't really want to take the chance :) Call me crazy...which I am...and I'm entitled since I'm less than 2 weeks from d-day :) Anyway...I'm proud of you for coming up with a name...and a good one at that. Mom shared it with me weeks ago just to make sure it wasn't on our list. And don't worry...it's not...I'm sure it's been on my list in the past, but it's too trendy-ish for ol' man Kev :) Though he did suggest Brooke for our girl's middle name to which I had to break the news that that name was taken already! :) So, no worries...and thanks for the "public record"! I'm sure mom is happy she knows one of her new granddaughters' names :) We must really bug her by keeping things top secret :) Nothing is better than making Nina's mind work on overtime :) Can't wait to meet my little niece, Brooke, in the New Year! :)
And hey Hootie across the street! You crack me up! I had a good laugh knowing we were both thinking "baby names" at the same time! What can I say...great minds think alike! And I actually liked half of those names on the list...one of them was my first choice (which Kev vetoed long ago!)...and the new list of middle names you just sent also has my first choice! Amazing! I think you and I should name the new baby...it'd be much easier than me agreeing with Kev :) J/K, honey :) I hope the middle name falls into place, cuz right now Kev and I like different ones as usual :) And I do feel better about adding one thing off my "tada" list :) None of my "to do" lists are getting done anyway!
And, hey Mom/Nina! I thought you'd be happy about a "non-nameless granddaughter!" :) I'd love to give you a hint, but that would spoil it all so I'll refrain. I actually like Hannah (or I guess the storm's name is spelled Hanna)...but it doesn't really go with our first name...actually Ike goes better :) LOL :) Can you imagine an Ike Stegs :) We'll let Jeff save that for his boy...Ike Thomas...that's a keeper! :) Counting down the days til you arrive in just about a week! YAY!!! Can't wait...I NEED some help around here! Love ya!
Post a Comment