Well, it was back to (pre) school for big girl Shelba today! And, boy, was she a happy, happy camper! I truly cannot even tell you how many times a day for the last few weeks she has asked/begged/cried to go back to school. So, it was good for us all that this day was not delayed anymore!
Actually it was only "orientation" day, so not her official first day with no parents there (that will be Friday...yay!). So, Kev and I and Dylan tagged along today and had a good ol' time. Kev missed most of the speaking stuff cuz Dylan was a bit rowdy (big surprise there!)...but I got to sit in on all the festivities :) We just realized today that next year we'll be sending Dylan off to preschool (and Shelby to Kindergarten)...is that not a crazy idea to wrap your mind around?! Where has the time gone?!
Anyway...so the morning was a busy one...getting up early, getting ready and doing nails and hair (yes, we go all out for first days of school around here)....and of course taking too many pictures :) Shelby even picked her own outfit out. We did some last minute shopping yesterday and she got a "Hailey-type" outfit. Very cute and very her (Shelby loves to look like her sister). Hopefully I can post pics later today if Kev can fit them on this old computer :) But, Shelb was in all her glory getting ready for the big day. She has one of the new preschool teachers, Miss Lea Anne, who is very nice and great with the kids. I think she'll be a great match for Shelby's personality. And we were VERY excited that Hailey's old preschool teacher, Miss Angela, is the assistent teacher! How cool is that?! It was kinda weird, but fun to see her back at school again and to know that the last time we had her in class Hailey was Shelby's age! Shelby was also happy to report that Cami, her bestest bud, is back in her class....she and Cami are like two peas in a pod and they played together the whole morning. So, all is good in Shelby-world as of today and I'm excited that our big girl is back in school mode. It'll be good for her and good for Dylan and I to have a week of mommy-son time before Nina from FL arrives (1 week from today...yay!)
And good news still abounds in the cervical/baby department! I am relieved to announce that I (or should I say my cervex) is still a "whopping" 1cm! YAY! Ok, is it bad that I'm happy about not progressing in that area?! Well, I am! I have had very few "hicks" (aside from yesterday where I overdid the shopping and outdoor walking :))....but I figured with less hicks I'd definitely not be progressing much (not that hicks are known for helping with dilation)...but I guess I just know my body and was not surprised to hear I was still the same ol' ONE! So, yay for me and good job on the newly named Baby Stegs girl! She needs to stay put for one more week so Nina can get settled and be here to meet her! All else is fine with me/baby. She's still keeping me up at night and last night was again one of the worst night's sleeps I've had. I kid you not I was up every hour...one time I got up 30 minutes after I had just peed. I have no idea how people function on that amount of un-interrupted sleep. I sure don't and I am one grumpy mama lately. I have no idea how I'm gonna make it the next two weeks on such little sleep/energy. I am a person that needs me beauty sleep! Kev even slept on the couch last night (not my idea!)...cuz he was worried HE was keeping me up?! Maybe he hasn't noticed my monstrous belly lately which could cause a slight case of "inability to get comfortable in bed"? In either case, his night downstairs didn't do either of us any good so I hope he joins me back in bed tonight again :)
Well, folks...so that's the downlow on our day. Hopefully I'll be able to post pics of the 2nd year preschooler later today....and if you think of it just say some prayers for me. I am just wiped out lately....the lack of sleep and uncomfortableness are at an all time high and surely won't get better until this baby is resting in my arms (or way after when she's sleeping through the night and I am fully healed). And I still have so much to do in the next week or so, so I could really use a day of energy at least. And if you're praying for me definitely pray for my prego MI bud, Amanda! She went back into the hospital today so hoping she'd have her bambino only to be sent home yet again! I can't even imagine her disappointment and her exhaustion level. Praying for you, friend! Hang in there! Our Sept. babies will be here before we know it....hopefully yours will be here sooner than ours!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
No comments:
Post a Comment