

Well, it's official, our baby has her first cold :(
I had a feeling it was gonna happen when her big bro coughed all over her last week shortly after delivery....but I was hoping her good ol' meal supply would keep her hyped up on antibodies to fight it off....no such luck :(
Really, she's ok, but she has hardly slept the last two days and while she's usually such a happy, quiet, restful baby she's traded that for major crankines and some nasty raspy breathing. Truly I feel bad for my poor Ashley girl...she is not herself at all. And there have been some major moments of insanity in our home the last two days where I just honestly had to let her scream her head off cuz nothing but nursing made her feel better (and I simply cannot nurse her 24/7).
Anyway...so that's been our "back to reality w/o Nina and Pops/Daddy" here kind of lifestyle the last two days. Of course this all happens when I have no help on the homefront anymore and I despirately need a nap. I tried to get my first post-delivery cat nap yesterday but Ashley was so congested and while I can usually sleep with her on my chest she was so agitated that not even that worked. So, needless to say we are all exhausted. Kev sat up last night with our crying girl and then I took my turn. My post-delivery energy burst has gone down the tubes and I am just wiped out. I am praying for our sweet girl to feel better soon cuz you should take a look at our house and the filth and the amount of laundry that needs to be done. I thought I was behind with a family of 5, but adding a poopy baby into the mix...well, it's a good thing she has SO many clothes...cuz I have not done laundry in a week! We had our first major poop blow-out today too...she soaked through 3 layers of her clothes and 2 of mine before I noticed......good stuff!
So, yes, it's been stellar times over here at the Steg home. I'm not complaining...really, I'm not, but I don't want any of you thinking I'm super mom so I thought I'd lay it all on the line today :) Thank the good Lord that we have so many wonderful friends bringing us meals this week and next...that is a huge labor of love for us as dinner time is usually so chaotic I can hardly even think much less cook....so we appreciate all you wonderful friends out there showering us with food and goodies! Reality has hit big time and we are just trying to keep our heads up....so far we're surviving, but we're defintitely missing the helping hands of Nina and Pops....and I'm thinking I might need to give into my stubborness and call on some of our wonderful friends/neighbors for back-up.
On a lighter/happier note...Hailey will be gracing the Nutcracker stage yet again this year as an angel in blue. We found out yesterday. While she's not thrilled she has to wear that big blue wig again I think it's great she gets to share in the experience once more....so Congrats to our sweet Angel Hailey! And I have to add a Shelby "funny" into the mix...today Shelby asked if she could go outside and play...to which I said "not until daddy is home and can help watch her"....to which she replied "well, God can watch me...he always watches me". I had a hard time replying to that one :) Leave it up to Shelby to come up with that solution...obviously she's gotta be creative these days to have some fun! :) Anyway....so that's life in Steg-land. Never a dull moment....
5 comments:
Dear Kelly,
I am tired for you, not easy to rest you with a little baby and big children. I send you all my french energy.
But one more time what beautiful family you have, and the young Ashley is also wonderful as Hailey and Shelby. A very very lovely little girl.
Xo Xo
Nathalie
You can call us on anytime you need help, dearest Kel:o
Seriously! Call us!
Love you guys!
from the Teskes/Yeargins
AWWW! You are super mom! I would have give 1 or 2 away already. Hey none of mine are really sick and they are still up for grabs :) Wish I was closer to help. Kiss my neices and nephew! Love ya, sis
P.S. Or have Kev text Dave...that works too!!!!!
Oh, the energy slump! I felt so good that first week and pushed myself waaaaay too hard...felt it BIG TIME a few days later.
I'm sorry Ashley-girl is sick...that's no fun at all, especially when you've got 3 other kids to care for.
Praying for rest and health for you...love you!
Post a Comment