Thursday, March 26, 2009

One week ago (video!) :)

Well, I'm attempting to post my first video (wish me luck!) I should be honest and let you know that I'm not a video person really. I think I've only ever watched a handful of them on blogs and I am not stellar at video-taping my kids. But I thought I'd try posting one lil' video in remembrance of that icky day a week ago where Shelb was admitted to the hospital. As sad as Shelb looks, I had to laugh cuz in the background you hear Ash saying "dada" and just jabbering away which makes it a slightly comical video :) So, here ya' go...our first video blog post....

And I am happy to report that our fam. is doing well this week (ok, well Dylan is running a 101.3 fever as of now...but we're pushing the fluids and hoping for the best, so I'm trying not to dwell on that...). Shelby, thankfully, is pretty much back to her normal self....a skinnier self, that we are trying to pork up with cookies and cheese puffs and other treats...I don't like seeing her all skin and bones. But, we are just thankful she is back to her spunky self. Even if that means she is fighting like cats and dogs with her brother all the time.....

Lots of other lil' things going on this week....mama's fighting a head cold, we're in the midst of some school issues (where Shelby should go for Kindergarten and if Hailey should be in an accelerated program...please pray for us on both those issues!)....plus we're almost upon Hailey's big 9th b-day party (horse-back riding this Saturday...yay!) among the other everyday "stuff". But, we are just happy to be semi-healthy and not like we were last Thursday.......oh what a difference a week can make!

Well, it's off to paint with my middle kiddos. Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful surprise you made dear Kelly.
It is so cute to see the video, to see the lovely Shelby who seemed so tired poor little angel and to hear the funny Ashley.
What a beautiful family you have.
I hope you will made more videos to share with your french fan club.
Xo Xo
Nathalie

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, love the video!! I heard the "dada"!! Poor Shelby looked quite morose! Dont think I have ever seen her unsmiley like that!! Glad she is better! And sure pray that Dylan doesnt get any worse!! Time for the Stegs to ALL be well!!! Dont ya think?? :) Nina

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

So glad all is better!!!!!!! Loved hearing your voice.

amanda said...

nice to hear your voice kel! :) it always makes me laugh to see pics of ashley...she looks a lot like tessa, i think. even adam just said 'she wooks wike tessa mom!' :) and her little babbles are exactly what we hear from tessa right now too. :)