Friday, May 24, 2013

Bye, Bye, School...Hello Summer!!! :)

 I don't have pics downloaded yet from the big last day of school and prob. won't til after our busy weekend....but in honor of this happy day, I thought I'd post a few newer pics of the kiddos over the last few weeks....I love the smiley boy above...especially when he DOES smile...b/c lately it seems he has been super frowny :(  I cannot believe my eyes that he will be 5 mos on Memorial Day :(  Boohoo :(  He has spent his day today just chillin'...we have been outside most of the day at school field day, a picnic and a walk...and he has loved all that...now that he's inside, he's fussing up a storm :(  On a happy note he did officially roll over yesterday...it was so cute how the siblings celebrated his big achievement...they were hugging him and cheering him on :)  I love that he is so loved!
 My Sweet Ash....love this girl and her spunk....here she is on her preschool recognition night a couple weeks ago. She and I spent today as busy bees decorating to make the last day of school fun (sidewalk chalk, front door, gifts for the kids etc) and now we're getting ready to make apple shaped cupcakes after we just had strawberry shakes :)  She is my little baker and decorator...she reminds me of me :)
 My Busy Boy Dylan...love how he loves soccer now...and I just love when he declared today, "I am not so excited about summer b/c I really just love school". Really???  Wow, is all I can say.  The boy LOVES to learn!  He is spending his evening at a bday party and doing laser lite...two of his fav things!
 My Sweet Shelb, the violinist. She won the award for best musician in her class this week and recently told Nina G. she wants to go to Julliard to play.  I love that she's setting her goals high!  She also declared today that she is sad it's summer. She really loved school this year and became quite the social butterfly. She has big plans to have a friend over almost every day this summer...hmmm...not so sure about that!
 And my Hailey...I just can't believe how mature and beautiful she is now...not only in physical beauty, but mental and spiritual.  I just am so proud of her. She is watching her best bud dance tonight and then doing a marshmallow roast.  I hope she can squeeze things in like that now b/c in just a few weeks she'll be in NYC by herself again! :(
And I haven't posted a fam. pic in awhile, so here's one of us at Ashley's "preschool grad".  Sometimes I can't believe I have 5 kids, but I guess this is proof :)

And I cannot tell you how THRILLED I am that it is officially summer vacation for our family.  I have waited for this day since August...and can't believe the year flew by at warp speed.  So thankful for the many blessings of the year...but also thankful there will be some more peace in our schedule now.  We have been running ourselves quite ragged.  I hope we can refresh this summer, spend some quality time on many vacations (two to NC...coast and mountains...and two trips to NYC!)...gonna be awesome times.  We also hope to clean up our house and put it on the market. Phew...we'll see how that all goes!  For now, we are celebrating tonight for another school year done!  Whohoo!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes!! Summer is officially here!!! YIPPEE!!! Love this post today and the pics of the kiddos! Cant believe how BIG my little Logan is getting!! Growing up wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too fast! Hope you get some good chillin time in before the packing and heading to NC! See ya soon!! :) Mom