Well, I thought I'd try to energize myself for this big NYC trip by revisiting the memories of it from last year. I'll be quite honest and say that packing/going there and the whole big ordeal from last year was just a blurr. I really don't even know how I did it all seeing that I was not quite out of the toilet-clutching state of early pregnancy nausea. I do remember feeling better once I got there, but packing up to go was a blurr. I think Kev did most of it and I know he taught Hailey how to live on her own, do her own laundry, etc. I felt sorta robbed of that time with her...stuff I wish I had taught her...but I suppose I have 4 more kids behind her to take on teaching all that fun stuff, so I am giving myself grace from not doing it with Hailey :) Anyway...but since I was in FL after this NYC visit (and huddled near toilets still :)), I never got a chance to post these pics last year of the fantastic couple of days we had as a family touring the Big Apple. I will say, it's not the ideal family vacation spot especially with lots of kids and especially young ones who complain about walking...but it was an experience all the same and we're probably crazy to repeat it again with a baby in tow this year. But, I never admit to anything but being crazy! :) Above is one of my FAV places in NYC as it's near and dear to Hailey's residence for 5 weeks. It's the famous fountain outside Lincoln Center...beautiful, breathtaking and refreshing!
I was so proud of my girl this day....still am...always have been and always will be...not many young kids would go off for half their summer to a big city like this...I don't think I would have. She is awesome and I love how she's chasing her dreams!
We met our awesome friend, Debbie, at Central Park and walked around...this was our only family photo from the whole trip...but the park was so fun, especially searching for turtles :)
Love Lincoln Center at night...just breathtaking...this is where Hailey sees most of the ballets she goes to by NYCB and ABT.
Magnolia Bakery (in Greenwich Village)...yummers! We didn't get a famous cupcake b/c all they had left were "rainbow" ones...I think you can guess what "week" we hit in NY :) But, we did get two yummy cheesecakes that were to die for!
BEST food in NYC hands down was the pizza...and John's was SUPERB...never had such awesome pizza!
We are thrilled that there is also a John's by our hotel this year...we already have it planned in for dinner on Saturday before Kev and the oldest girls head to Phantom of the Opera....
I wish we could have actually seen the statue (she was closed for remodeling), but we did zip by her on the Staten Island Ferry...This made Shelby happy...she has a fascination with the Statue of Liberty! This year the statue doesn't open til we go back to pick up Hays so we will visit her then!
Since we couldn't see the real one, we had a look-a-like contest :) Not bad, Lady of Liberty, Hays! :)
Our view from on top of our Holiday Inn hotel....can't tell you how cool it is to swim on top of a hotel in NYC. Very fun and the highlight of the kids' visit for sure!
They had a ball....as you can tell by our super swimmer/jumper, Dylan! We even met the owner of the hotel who gave us special seating by the pool :)
We visited a famous Kosher Deli (Carnegie)...you can probably tell who was not happy with the smell of this place or the food....but I can say I LOVED their grilled cheese as did our mystery baby :)
We had a blast at our fav. NY toy store! This year we are trying Toys R Us...we'll see how they compare...
We took a trot on the "Big" Piano :)
And we even had fun in the hotel room....who knew pillows could provide so much entertainment :)
I stole few pics from Hailey's camera...but isn't she cute with all her buds at the ballet...I'll be interested to see where her height is this year...she was one of the smaller ones last year and this year she had a big growth spurt...
And by the infamous fountain again....and below frolicking in the grass by her dorms (the Julliard School behind her). She really did have the best time there!
Gosh, I really can't even believe my 12 year old got to do all this last year....and that she gets to repeat it again this year. I am so incredibly proud of her and how she uses God's gifts. And I hope and pray every day that she is blessed by this experience this year as much as she was last year and that she stays safe and healthy (and injury free!). Can't wait to see what her summer has in store...and what crazy experience we have this time in NYC! Last year the consensus was that it "stunk"...literally...smelled like horse poop everywhere! This year we are not staying as close to Central Park, but are going to be in Times Square...so we'll see how the kids like it (I know Kev and I LOVED it last year when we went for our anniversary!) What fun times for our family and can't wait to share it all when we get back! One more day to pack...I really better get started! lol!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬







2 comments:
Awwww, what GREAT memories from last year! I cannot get over how Hailey has grown up in one year..she looks so young in these pics!! What a fun time you had last year and now you can make new memories this coming week!We are so very proud of YOU Hays!! Have a wonderful time at SAB!!! Love, Nina :)
Happy trip in NEW YORK. Have a wonderful time with your family.
Thanks to share all this amazing photos of your family with us.
I send you kisses.
Nathalie
Post a Comment