This was the expiration date on my three jugs of milk today.
I did a double take.
I then realized 2 weeks from tomorrow is this date.
My baby will be ONE.
I drove by the hospital where he was born tonight.
I saw the big Christmas tree on top all lit up.
It was this way 351 days ago when we drove there at crawl-speed during a blizzard.
How in the world did a whole year go by?
I looked at baby pictures of him last week.
I feel like I don't remember any of it.
Never has a year of my life gone by so fast.
Never has it been such a blurr.
Is this how it will be til my kids are grown and gone?
Probably.
I don't like that time goes by so quickly.
I didn't know a date on a milk jug could bring such emotion, but it did.
It also reminded me that I have 15 days to finish all my Christmas stuff, gather 1st bday stuff, pack and just get through the holiday. Still pretty confident this is not enough time. But also fairly confident that whether I get all the stuff on my to-do list done, time will go on and I will survive :)
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
1 comment:
I hear ya sweet daughter..time is moving at break-neck speed!! And the only thing I know is just as you stated...time will move forward no matter what you accomplish or dont!!! Life in the fast lane, with 5 kiddos, will be that way..till they are off to college..it will seem like it happens in the blink of an eye..so enjoy the journey as much as you can!!! I know you will!! :)
Guess what my "cover" is on the laptop..a pic of your 3 oldest sitting on RUSTY, with me and Pops behind! Good ol Rusty!! The good ol days! :) xo Mom
Post a Comment