Well, we're in crazier-than-normal-mode here at the Steg house. I am calling it "the Christmas Crunch". Not my fav. thing :( Even Kev is stressed. He's stressed about the current clutter (we still have all our Christmas bins out--about 8 total--and they are almost like 8 extra people who constantly live in our dining room, living room and kitchen). I am stressed about the thought of more "clutter" coming in with new Christmas gifts. Not to mention we have so much to do in the next 10 days before school ends (yikes, 10 days...where has Dec. gone???) It has become very apparent to me that we will in no way shape or form get everything done that we need (want?) to get done before we leave for FL. I am even worried about us simply getting packed (you should see our laundry/clothing situation!). Anyway...I am trying to keep it in perspective, but I have a constant knot in my stomach knowing all we still have to do in such a short time. I was feeling very anxious this morning and I love how God used a friend of mine to give me some great wisdom. I am posting it on the blog b/c I think it's a great reminder to all of us on a daily basis, especially those "say yes-ers" like myself :)
To my sweet sister in Christ,
Just
a reminder, when we say yes to something we don't really feel called to
do, then
we will say no to something else (that may be our calling). Gosh I hate
to be reminded of that but practicing this has made my life easier and
left me happier.
Take care of yourself!
1 comment:
What a VERY wise friend!! That is so very true!Two weeks from today you will be driving to Fl!! You will make it thru the madhouse..just do the stuff that absolutely needs doing...dont let the extra stuff wheesel its way into your busy life!
And PACK LIGHT!!!! You dont need tons of stuff to wear for Fl!!
xo Mom
Post a Comment