Monday, December 16, 2013

The Destroyer

 No longer is our little man just "Mr. Trouble"...he has now earned the new role of "The Destroyer".  I think the above picture can tell you...he is not a quiet baby...and he is not a sit and play calmly baby either.  He is what I like to call "the spawn of his father" :)  Kevin will deny this up and down, but he was apparently a very wild child (as evidenced by many, many stories from his parents and aunts and uncles).  For instance...he once put his own brother through a wall as they "calmly" played.  Yes, that's my calm Kev.  Thankfully he did grow into a very docile adult so there is hope for Logan.  My fear is our "stuff" may not make it through Logan's toddler-hood.

Over the course of the last couple weeks he has broken countless numbers of things (averaging about 2 things a day, I'd say).  He broke an ice cream scoop (he likes to bang things together), numerous ornaments, he's chewed half our chairs up (part dog/part human??), broke a couple books, a couple Nutcrackers, torn up my magazines and a good portion of our tissue paper that our ornaments were wrapped in (he loves to shred things...part hamster/rodent??)  Today he broke a second part off our train under our tree and then he broke Mary's arm off as she watched baby Jesus in the manger.  Poor Mary :(  I feel often that I clean a room, walk out of it, tornado-Logan crawls through and the room is a wreck 5 mins later.  This is especially true of our kitchen (he LOVES our tupperware cabinet!) and our living room (he LOVES DVDs and their cases and throwing them everywhere!)

All we can do is laugh.  At this rate he may force us to get rid of clutter just b/c he either shreds it or breaks it.  Maybe God gave us this final rowdy boy as our declutterer??  haha :)  That's what I"m choosing to think on days where's he's running me ragged.  I do love you Logan Thomas, but you wear your mama out! :)
(don't let the picture fool you...he is NO Santa's helper...he would break all of the toys in Santa's shop if he were at the North Pole :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Santa Suit!! How cute is that!!!?? Yep, Logan Thomas is gonna gvie you a run for your money!! Cant wait to see him destroy this place!!! haha...everything will go "up and away" plus we have toys for him!! Cant wait!!! xo Mom