A lil' trip down Dylan-memory-lane...in honor of the big 8th bday today! I still remember the day my 1st boy was born. I was in shock...I actually had a boy. We didn't find out the gender with our Baby Stegs #3 and honestly assumed we were destined for all girls! Then out HE came...a bouncing BIG baby boy!
His two big sisters were instantly smitten with him :)
It's hard to believe he was ever this small...
Then a year went by....
And two....I had very few pics from this bday b/c we had just found out the week before about the surprising news of Baby Stegs #4 (Ash!)...and I was sooooooooo sick. Even making a cake was more than I could handle with the pukes :(
Year number 3 was all about Bob and Larry :)
Year 4 was a gator...my first attempt at a cupcake cake :)
Year 5 was racecars!
6 was Angry Birds!
Last year (7!) was a pukey/sick bday with a newborn baby brother...
We made a cake...but never ate it...
My favorite thing in the last 13 months is how sweet my big boy is to his little brother...he loves him so, so much.
And the little bro looks up to him so, so much!
Words cannot say how blessed we have felt for 8 years by the life God gave us in our 1st son. There are too many things to mention about why I love this boy so, so much. He is best described as a boy who loves life, loves school, loves to laugh and is just a laid back, happy-go-lucky guy. God knew we needed a go-with-the-flow guy in the midst of girl drama and all the craziness. This boy of ours just blesses our lives every day with his smiles, goofiness and big, big heart. Dylan James...I could not have picked a better first son. God truly blessed us on Jan. 30th, 2006.
The bday boy spent pretty much his whole day on the go. I think it was our first official real day back at school in like 2 weeks. Go figure it'd happen on his bday when we probably would have loved to have him home for an extra hour or two. But, he jumped at the chance to spend the day at school. He loves school, loves learning and LOVED celebrating with his friends. He said the highlight of the day was eating donuts (his bday treat of choice!) with his class. We did get to see him for lunch too...and then we grabbed a very quick hour with him after school (with his meal of choice--pizza hut!) and presents and lego man cake! Then it was off to our busiest night of activities (ballet, ice-skating and bball). We gave him the choice of skipping bball for his bday, but he said "no way!" and by 9pm when I asked him what the fav. part of his bday was he said "basketball!" I love his enthusiasm. That's just how he is. Such a happy guy who loves just about everything. So blessed by this boy and so thankful for his 8 years of life! More pics to come soon....I promise!! :)
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬














No comments:
Post a Comment