Friday, January 31, 2014

Where has the time gone?

Well, I'm realizing I've not been a stellar blogger in January.  So much for starting the New Year off right! haha :)  That's ok.  I'm not being hard on myself.  It's truly been an odd month...of weird weather...kids home more than normal, more than normal bday celebrations...and most definitely a busier-than-normal baby :)  But, honestly...I cannot believe January is done today.  With this in mind, I am realizing that tomorrow, Feb. 1, starts my "overhaul of the house".  I am not as ready for this as I thought I would be.  I got a tad bit discouraged this week looking at all the mess of this house.  It's very overwhelming and hard to think about starting small and trying to do this all on our own. I really honestly think it's an impossible task with a very busy baby who is into everything.  And I do mean everything.  I tried to just do laundry tonight and he decided to start dropping anything he could find in his diaper pail.  Then he decided to take everything out of his drawers and throw it with great glee :)  I am not upset about this, but just realizing that any expectation I have of getting things organized while Kev is not around (and no grandparents to help babysit!), is near impossible.  I need to really lower the expectations or I will find myself mightily disappointed by summer time.  So, my question to myself is, "where do I start?"  This week we cleaned up our room. It was a very quick event of throwing stuff here and there...in a pre-clean cover-up for the cleaning lady.  It served its purpose though and now our room is much less cluttered and much more enjoyable to sit in (which is where I am now typing :)).  I even got a, "you keep a very picked-up house" comment from the cleaning lady.  That made me feel good :)  So, now I gear up for the Steg spring clean-up (which I guess starts in winter :)).  I need to start by praying for a miracle :) :)....and then some patience...and grace for myself.  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Steg state runner Loggy