Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Yet another...

...snow delay tomorrow.

Sigh.

Don't get me wrong. I do love the lazier mornings and love my kiddos being home.  But the snow and the cold have got to go :(  I am just too much of a FL girl at heart to deal with this much longer.  It's seriously too gloomy out for me...and taking the kids out in this (especially those who don't like jackets and bundling up...Logan!) is making them/me grumpier.  There is a time and place for enjoying the snow and being inside a warm house while it's arctic outside...but those days are done for me.  Please, Lord, send some sun and warmth soon! 

I am also beginning to wonder how much education my kids are getting with this many 2 hour delays.  I feel we've almost had more delays than normal days!  So much so that I am making the kids read more at home and also practice writing and math.  I feel almost like a homeschool mom (which is not at all my calling in life!).  Anyway....I don't mean for this post to be a big weather complaint...but goodness....whoever predicted "very little snow" this year was dead wrong!  It's the pits!

On a happy front it was a busy day of friends today.  I love days like that...but I am not sure my baby does.  He was out of sorts tonight after his feeding/sleeping sched. was all messed up.  It was late start day for school today even w/o a delay...but we had to get up bright and early and rush off for dental appts for D and S.  No biggee expect both kids have done poorly on the tooth-brushing front and both had cavities.  Dylan seemed to care less. Shelby was mortified.  The worst part of the whole thing was our schedule is so busy for Feb. that I could hardly find a time to get them back in for fillings.  This is a stressor every day.  I rarely have enough time to add things to the calendar.  It makes things challenging.  And now we will have to start a "check the teeth" routine in the evenings.  Just another thing to do.  I did thankfully get the kids to school on time and then raced off to see my bestie at the mall for shopping, chatting and eating. We had a good time and we got some bargains! (LOVE Children's Place right now...got the girls and boys Easter outfits already...$5 for dresses and and $1 for ties.  I just need to get Hays something and I'm done!  3 months early!  YAY!  Sometimes shopping works in my favor. I also found a black sweater for me so now I no longer have to borrow Hailey's.  YAY for me and her! :)  Loved hanging with my long-lost-bestie whom I haven't seen in ages.  Logster and Sophster had fun chatting too :)  Can't wait to celebrate the baby's 1st bdays together on Saturday!  Then raced off to get Ash at preschool and to pick up pizza for lunch and over to a friend's house for more hangout time.  Great fun to hang out with 3 moms and Ashley's 3 friends and 2 babies Logan's age.  I love how God brings people together who have similar lives/interests.  It was a lot of fun for us all.  Then raced off to get Hay's from school.  I think Logan's first real meal wasn't til 3:30.  No wonder he was cranky pants today.  The middle kids got off the bus about 30 mins after that and it was off to violin and shoe shopping....in the midst of more snow.  I think Kev and I were both crank pants by the time we got home from all this...b/c he and I were both snapping at the kids.  Honestly the weather makes me snappy!  Now I'm attempting to plan something for Dylan's birthday....lego?  Lego movie?  No idea.  Just realized he'll be 8 next week. And trying to plan a Hungry Caterpillar bday for Logan and best lil' bud, Sophie for Sat...and realizing how crazy busy tomorrow is going to be...4 activities in the evening...head spinning.  Need rest.  I am off to bed, but had to put this all down on paper so maybe it will be released from my crazy brain and I can rest tonight....

More pics tomorrow hopefully....too tired to go to cold basement now :)

No comments:

Steg state runner Loggy