Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Warm thoughts...

It's another arctic day here in southern Indiana...and I am tired of it!  Spring/summer could not get her soon enough.  So in honor of "needing warmth", I am reverting to sunny thoughts of the beach in Ft. Laud., FL just a few weeks ago (12/30)!  My baby has seen the sand many times since his birth, but this time I think he loved it the MOST since he was mobile!  He was just all smiles :)
Checking out the surf with biggest sis :)
Good ol' Duck Dylan and his newly grown beak!
My sweet sandy Shelby :)
My sand castle building Ash!
Really the only reason Hailey goes to the beach is to lay there on the sand and gather what sun she can to tan her white lil' body :)
Awww...love this :)  Good ol' Nina came down right after work and got all sandy in her scrubs just so she could have fun with all her grandkids :)
Have I mentioned the little man loved the beach...and even the chilly water (he must be like his daddy!) :)
Squeals of joy! lol :)  Yay for being able to write his name and age in the sand, rather than the cold white stuff we are used to!
He had no qualms about digging into the dirt, trying to bury himself in it and even eat it!  He might be our first kid to not be afraid of being dirty!
Nina and her 7 "grands" :)  Wish we had Pops in this pic, but he left early...

Many more pics to come, but forgive me for easing into the picture sorting.  There are so many to go through and so little time! :)

We had yet another delay today due to snow/cold/wind.  My thought on that is...as lovely as it is to not have the phone in our room, it also means we somehow missed the delay call from the school system. So instead of sleeping in 2 more hours, we got up and ready and it was only when I peeked out the door and noticed the neighbors houses were all still dark that I checked the school website.  Poor Hays. She could have slept 2 more hours.  I love lazier mornings.  The most fav. part of my morning was cuddling with my baby in bed.  He was such a trooper and snuggled up next to me and went back to sleep.  Love mornings like that when it's cold outside and we can just stay indoors and be warm under the covers.  I am guessing we'll have a few more mornings like this too....even colder temps are on the way.  I fear winter will never end!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, what wonderful memories!!!! That was such a fun day at the beach and so unexpected as I didnt know I would be able to leave work early!! It really was perfect with no direct sunlight and yet it was quite warm!! beats those other yrs when it was so windy!!We will miss ya next Christmas!it was a good one this year!!! xo Mom

Anonymous said...

Um, Seriously? How is it you are in the southern part of the state and yet you get the delays and snow days? We had anywhere between a foot and 22 inches here and not even a delay yesterday for our district. The kids' got delayed 50 minutes before they were supposed to start ONLY after a bus with kids went in a ditch...high school and middle school were already in. Today CP was fine, but LC should have delayed cause the roads were still a mess and didn't. Now we have MORE lake effect snow. Ya know what...keep it coming!!! better than 80+ degrees any day! Love ya sis!

Steg state runner Loggy