Monday, January 20, 2014

Our Lovely Long Weekend :)

This will be another non-exciting, picture-less post...

But, just had to put in writing what a lovely weekend we had...doing some cleaning and then lots of nothing :)  I've decided nothing days (or even hours) are much more needed in our crazy Steg lives :)

A couple things we did...

1.  Took all the Christmas stuff down. I know I already mentioned this in the previous post, but I realized yesterday once it all went back to storage, how much I love NOT having Christmas up.  I think this the Christmas clutter is one reason why I don't like Christmas. And this year it was also a bit crazy having it up just b/c Logan broke/tried to eat just about everything at one point. Having it down is making our lives much less cluttered and easier.

2.  In place of the Christmas tree is now Logan's new play area (in our living room).  He LOVES it!  I moved our big chest over by the window and filled it with all his stuff and parked all his walkers right by it. He is in heaven just playing with everything.  It's heavenly for us too b/c he is no longer into my tupperware or DVD's or much trouble!  LOVE!

3.  We had a "at-home bday party" for the Logster today.  I know, I am a crazy partier, but I realized I had bought these cute plates at Hobby Lobby many months ago in prep for his bday and I never used them.  I know you're thinking...just use them for his 2nd bday, but I could not. They, of course, had a big 1 on them.  So, I threw together a quick little cut-apart cake and the kids all made cupcakes yesterday.  We were in need of some sweet treats anyway so it was time well spent :)  It was quick and easy (aside from me somehow messing up the frosting recipe so it was like goo).  And I forgot I had all these gifts to give him since we didn't lug anything to FL...so he had to open those too, of course!  So, he had a little "rocket" party today.  It was fun and he LOVED his cake. After 3 trial runs of cake he is getting the hang of this bday stuff! :) haha :)

4. We started the big 1-year-old on whole milk yesterday.  Didn't go well.  He was not at all interested.  He thought he was chugging water out of his cup like usual and when he realized to his dismay it was not the clear stuff, he let out a big scream and threw the thing halfway across the dining room.  He continued to do this every time he was given the "white stuff".  This whole weaning thing might be a challenge for our "loves to nurse" boy. I hope I'm not one of those moms who is still nursing her kid in Kindergarten :) J/K!  I will not be!

5.  We had our first food vomit tonight (for Lil' Log).  I felt bad. I didn't really meant to make him vomit, but the boy refuses to eat table food.  I don't get this b/c he eats just about anything off the floor.  We joked that maybe if we threw his food under the table, he'd probably eat it later.  I wouldn't be surprised.  But, if we put it on his tray he will throw it.  So I tried to mix some egg into his cereal tonight thinking it'd just slide down with the rest of the mush.  Nope!  Up it came along with lots of vomit.  I think my hand still smells like vomit from cleaning it up. That'll teach me. Please pray the little man is not like his big bro before him. I don't think he has texture issues like Dylan, but ya' never know.  Even Dylan gagged getting down his fried rice tonight.  Some things never change! :)

6.  It's tough work decluttering.  I spent a couple hours doing it today. I cleared out an overflowing laundry basket from our van that had lots of misc. junk in it.  Most of it I just tossed!  I also had somehow filled Logan's portocrib with piles of junk and it had been sitting in our dining room for all to view. I am embarrassed to say he hasn't used it since October...so it not only had three different holiday's worth of junk it in, but it had Ashley's bday stuff in it.  I am realizing I need to take more time to put things back in their proper places even though I am so tired at the end of the day.

7.  Since the ol' portocrib got cleaned out, it was Logan's turn to use it.  He spent his first naptime in his new room (Big Bro's room).  He didn't care for it.  He carried on for quite some time and finally gave up after daddy went up and talked to him.  He is not officially sharing a room with brother yet, but hopefully by Spring Break he will be :)  I think the transition will be harder on me than anyone.  I love his sweet little face peering over the crib rails at me in the mornings.  I can't usually even see him b/c I don't have my glasses on, but I can see him wave at me and hear him giggle and it's the cutest thing :)

8.  Wish we'd had lots more free time.  I could have done w/o Shelby having to leave the house today to go to violin and girl scouts.  Though I am grateful to Kev for taking the day off so I didn't have to be mama's taxi service.  I had high hopes of just sitting with my feet up for hours these last few days and that really didn't happen.  I have realized there is never enough time in the day to rest and get everything done. You either need to do one or the other.  On a side note, it's lovely eating breakfast, lunch and dinner together as a family.  We rarely get to do one of these a day so to do all three for pretty much 3 days was great! :)

9.   Shelby got to finally see Frozen with her best bud, Sydne today.  She was so excited and had a great time.  I have heard it's a very good movie...even from adults.  All the girls have now seen it with friends.  Kev was bummed he missed out. He's our movie guy :)

10.  D and A cleaned our basement today.  It is nowhere near done, but they made some progress. I am proud of them!  It's scary down there! :)  Hays was our launderer.  If ballet doesn't pan out she'd make a good living laundering :)  J/K, Hays!

11.  We played outside today. This is blog worthy b/c it has not really been this warm out in quite some time (and not sure to stay this way either...negative temps coming again!). D practiced bball on his hoop out front (first time he's really used it) and Ash rode her new princess scooter.  Logan even took a drive in his new car w/o any socks on (it was that warm!) :)  It was lovely to get some sunshine and 40 degree heat!  I'll take it over gloom and arctic!

And now the long weekend is over.  I just said to Kev that I wished it was Friday again.  It was lovely to be home so much this weekend and have no big activities and also get some stuff done.  This was officially our last weekend til Spring Break where we have nothing major going on....tomorrow the craziness all begins again.  Wish us luck keeping the sanity :)  We'll need it! 

No comments:

Steg state runner Loggy