Saturday, January 18, 2014

Love days like this :)

I didn't even leave the house today....well, except to get the mail and look for something in the van :) 

I love days like that.  I really do think I could be a hermit in my older years :)

This is probably our last Saturday til Spring Break where we will have very little to do.

Kev ran all the errands today (D to bball practice, the post office and Kroger).  I was grateful to him for doing most of the things I normally do.  He knows I am need of more down time--more "me" time.  He even let me sleep in a bit.  He took the rascally busy boy downstairs so I could have some quiet.  Very grateful.  I am a much happier person when I get more sleep (and don't have to get up early) and when I don't have to get ready in the morning or go anywhere.  I know this cannot be the norm on a regular basis, but boy is it nice every once in awhile.  It refreshes me.  We didn't have a lazy day thanks to Christmas decorations that called our name...but we did get all that done and that felt good (though I think Logan was sad to see his fav toys (ornaments!) go).  And tomorrow is our "do nothing day"...just church and Kev has a scout leader meeting.  Not only that, but we get Monday off so we don't have to gear up for the week til then.  Love, love, love days/weekends at home, not doing much, staying in pj's most of the day.  I wish there were more days like this.... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure did need that!! I am so happy for you and your jammie day! :) The rat race you live is really beyond my comprehension...I could not do it..but then I am the grandma not the Mom! I payed my dues and this quieter part of our lives is ever so nice!Something tells me you wont LIKE the empty nest, but by then you may have a gaggle of grandkids and you can just pick up where you left off!! haha
Enjoy your Sunday and Monday!! xoxo Mom

Steg state runner Loggy