I was listening to my fav. radio station (Air1) this morning when I drove the kids to the bus stop. I was feeling very run down and a lil' grumpy about life...then this discussion came up on the radio and I felt instantly convicted.
They were talking about how we run into people every day and ask, "How are you?" And most people these days say "busy" or "very busy". I am quite guilty of this. And it's not a brush off...it's just how I feel. Sometimes I think we as a society feel we "need" to be busy to feel fulfilled. I am guilty of this, I think.
Do you live a busy life or a full life?
They are not the same. And honestly for me I think a busy life makes my life feel somewhat empty. Does that make sense? The only reason I know this is that when I had a chance at a less-busy life last week during our break I felt much "fuller". I am starting to slowly learn what is important in life...it's only taken me 15+years of marriage and 14+ years of parenthood to realize this. And for me, in this season, what's important it is not being so busy and cherishing the little, quieter moments. It is being home more. It is doing simple things like sitting on the floor playing games with my kids, playing outside, making dinners and eating together as a family, not having every second of the day planned out and on-the-go (or like today it was playing basketball with my toddler in the snow :)). I know having 5 kids just instantly makes for a busy life...so for me I think I have to be extra vigilant about finding this "full-ness" of life I long for. I think this is my struggle lately. Just saying "no" to busyness and really focusing on living life to the fullest and showing my kids how to do this too. This needs to be a new goal...
So today I am saying "no" to busy and "yes" to full-ness :) I am counting on this post to hold me accountable :) Being "full" needs to be the new cool...and not being busy! :)
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
1 comment:
WELL AMEN to that!!!!!!! BINGO, you got it Kelly!!!!! That is totally
the way to think of life at the Stegmollers...:) God wanted you to hear that!!...and GET IT!! :)xo Mom
Post a Comment