Monday, March 24, 2014

Ick

It's the Monday after Spring Break and I just feel "ick" on so many levels. 

There was nothing particularly exciting about our spring break, but I could have used at least another week to feel rested and accomplished.  Instead I just feel "blah".  I feel like we started lots of things, talked about lots of things and did very little.  I'm trying not to be hard on myself, but I really just want to feel like we are making bigger dents in house stuff than we are.

And the reality of "break" being over is that now the craziness of our sched. is back. I have known for awhile that I loathe our schedule, but having a break from it made me realize all the more how much I would love less busy-time. 

I really dug my heels in today.  I did not want to run kids too and fro and be back on my mama-game.  God must have known this too b/c not only did I have to get back at it, but I was thrown into it more than the norm.  Kev is sick.  Not good.  This means I'm pretty much a single parent now.  He is quarantined b/c I don't want any of us sick with what he's got.  It's nasty upper resp. stuff.  This all meant that I was on my own for taxi service from 4-10pm.  This is not the norm.  That's a lot of driving around especially on Monday, our busiest night.  Ugh.  I am one worn mama here at almost midnight.  I am trying not to complain...I really am.  I am just not a Monday person to begin with and especially not a Monday-after-spring-break person.  Please send energizing good vibes my way this week as I continue to barrel through the basement and our bedroom and hopefully finish up what we've started.  I have been thinking more and more about moving and I think I am ready to really make that a reality....but it's gotta start with reorganizing our house, which is more overwhelming that I am really letting on. Baby steps, I know...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! You did great starting on the basement!!Quit being so hard on yourself!! You are doing GREAT Kelly...just dont give up but keep plugging away!! Every little bit helps!! AND brings you closer to a possible move! I will be praying like crazy!! And praying for Kevin and his health and that you all dont get this bug...that type has been bad down here with secondary complications that hang on forever!! We will pray that is not the case for Kev!! Now shut off your BRAIN and get some sleep!! Love Ya! Mom xo

crazystegmamaof4 said...

haha...you are right, wisa mama :) I need to get more rest and not dwell on what we didn't get done, but think about what we did. I just like immediate, big changes rather than little ones over time. Maybe you can continue to motivate me when you are here! love ya!