...and ya' know what that means in the Steg house....
...yep, spring cleaning! hahaha :)
Not exactly the fun spring-break-y thing most people are probably doing on their sunny, ocean-y, beachy vacations....but we Stegs like to mix-it-up a little...so in honor of the first day of spring today, we cleaned :)
The best part of the day is that while I went out to a lovely lunch with one of my bestest buds, Jill...my kiddos toiled and sweated around the house :) Hailey was in charge and not only did she get Logan to nap almost the entire time I was gone, but she got all her sibs to do their chores. This tells me that not only is Hailey awesome...but I need to go away more often :) I was pretty proud by their hard work and their motivation and especially their lack of complaining (or maybe they did complain, but Hailey had to hear it, not me!). So, bravo to my children! I actually came home to a mopped floor (Shelby rocked!)...and a hallway cleaned up of a mound of Ash clothes (thank you Hays...tackling Ashter and her clutter is a big job in itself!). And Dylan was the king of vacuuming :) I was happy with my kids today (especially after their lack of help/motivation last night during laundering).
So, all in all...the first day of spring was good. The sun was shining, I got to have a scrumptious lunch with a wonderful friend...and we ended the night seeing our wonderful old friends, Chad and Cor, and meeting their new little boy bundle. He was simply adorable and I could have held him forever. He was a little snuggler. It was Logan's first time meeting a baby and I think he was mostly fascinated with his head which he thought was a "ball", of course :) The girls all adored holding him. Shelby is convinced we need a few more babies in our house...I think "12" was her request?! huh??
So, it was a well-balanced day of accomplishment and friendship. I'll take it! Now we move on to our biggest hurdle of spring break...the basement...nothing like saving the best (or is it the worst?) for last! Wish us luck on Saturday! We will need a miracle to get that thing cleaned up!!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
No comments:
Post a Comment