...so far the big blue helmet is not really doing any good.
Not surprised at all.
Yet, still disappointed b/c it's been such a nuisance to deal with (and I'm not even the one wearing it!).
We had Logan's 1st helmet recheck today and while there is a chance he's made a small change in head shape, it's not very likely (the orthotics guy said he thought Logan mostly just got more hair, which I disagree with). There is a possibility he made a "mm" or so change (he was not real thrilled about getting his head scanned which meant he was not real still during the scanning), but we are not holding our breath that any big changes happened (or will happen).
So we are moving onto month two of hoping and praying this works...even a wee bit. B/c I think I will be mighty disappointed this summer if there is absolutely no change at all and we've endured this thing for all this time.
Just feeling sorta bummed out today about this news. I wasn't really expecting change at all, much less the first month...but I still trying to be optimistic, which is not really my nature in this instance.
In happier news, it's been another lovely spring break day. Kev took the day off from work. He let me slept in...and I actually did. I think it was 10:30 when I rolled out of bed. I am not even sure I've slept in that long since before Ash was born. It was nice. We took care of some hassle-y things (mail stuff, insurance paperwork, dishes Logan's appt and violin lesson) and now the kids are just playing bball outside while I sit here with Logan snoozing on my lap. Gosh I could get used to days like this! Best news of the day is we got a big ol' gift in the mail today...Frozen DVD is here!!! Which means it's Steg movie night! That's just about enough to drown our helmet sorrows away! Yippee!!!!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
1 comment:
Sidge had torticollis and was in therapy for a year. They told us that he didn't need a helmet. That everyone's heads are funny shaped. Sidge's head will never be good bald. It is definitely funny bumpy on the back. But with the right haircut, he is fine. No idea how bad your guy was in comparison ...
Post a Comment