And my own dad...good ol' Pops. He might fool ya' with a tough exterior, but he's an ol' softie at the core. He's been there for me for 37.5 years and he's sacrificed a lot in that time to give me everything I could ever need and want even now that I've become a parent myself. He and I are often on the same wavelength when it comes to things...we are just wired similarly with our "feeling deep" brains and hearts :) I love you daddy/Pops!

And Dad/Poppy Stegs...he's awesome as well. He's the slightly more mature version of Kevin so I love that about him (not that Kev is immature or anything!) He helped mold my patient man into the husband and father he is, so how can I not love and appreciate my father-in-law. He is a wonderful, caring and patient guy who gives unconditionally to his family. He's an amazing patriarch to our Steg fam.
So thankful for the dads in my life...and so thankful for a day to honor them. Not sure I did much of anything special for Kev today....but Shelby did make him bfast in bed (a french one...complete with a french menu...crepes...Kev's fav!) It was very cute. She did a good job and I think it was his first breakfast in bed. We had a busy morn at church. Then had a yummy Chipotle lunch! Yumm! He got lots of homemade gifts/cards from the kids...and a very thrown together oreo ice cream dessert (ho hum that our cold stone closed and we can no longer get him a yummy ice cream cake!). But, it was still a relaxing afternoon amidst my lack of effort to make it extra special. Then we raced off to Indy to spend the evening with his dad and bro and fam. Had a yummy dinner of filet and fixin's and lots of fun playing croquet in the yard! Just a perfect/beautiful day. The only down side was scraping egg off our van this morning....thank you, bored neighbor kids who had nothing better to do last night than to egg cars in our neighborhood.
But, all-in-all a good day. Happy Father's Day to all you daddies out there!

No comments:
Post a Comment