Monday, June 9, 2014

Home from our mini-Chicago-Steg-vaca...

Well, it was another whirlwind of a time for us Stegs these last 4 days...and this time we dragged Nina and Poppy Stegs along with us! (lucky them!) :)  But we had a wonderful time crashing the city of Chicago.  The main purpose of the trip was for Ash to get her 1st AG doll!  And we are now +1 with our new addition of, Isabelle the ballerina. (one reason why we went this year b/c she is the doll of 2014!)  Ash adores her 1st AG doll and all the goodies that Nina and Poppy got to go along with her....and her first luncheon at the AG place...(the boys had a grand ol' time at Lego store).  Add onto that some fun times at a wonderful hotel (with a pool...and special AG package!)...a trip to the Museum of Science and Industry...an attempted trip to Shedd's Aquarium (apparently someone bought it out for an event the day we were going...go figure)...and then a fun trip on the boat down the Chicago River....oh, and did I mention we didn't even have to drive at all...we took the train to/from the city and then took the bus and taxis.  I think we covered all aspects of transportation, except flight! haha :)  Wish we could have hit some more fun things like the Aquarium and Navy Pier and maybe one of the tall buildings, but let's be honest...we do plenty of that touristy stuff in NYC and that will be here in just a week!  But a big ol' thank you shout-out to Nina and Poppy for a wonderful lil' city vacation!

Anyway...more pics and info to come on the Chicago fun, but this poor mama hasn't sleep much since last Wednesday.  I got some kind of flu bug on Friday and am now w/o a voice...not good on the 1st day of VBX where I am leading a group and need to speak!  Oh well.  I made it through today and honestly wasn't sure I would.  Now just counting down the days til the weekend when we can get some rest!

 ok, a few pics from the ol' iphone...I couldn't resist :)  Logan was a trooper on the train...I really don't think he could have been any better (we were worried about this!)...but he slept probably half the time due to the early morning (6am) departure and the midnight arrival home.  And dumdums really got us through in the tough times :)
 Ash and her new friend :)
 They boys at the Lego store....Logan.. spotted a ball as you might be able to tell from his yell :)
 a pic for Pops in FL...of the planes at the museum...he would have loved them!
and my and my baby on the boat down the river....yes, he is picking all the foam letters off his helmet...his new fav. past time :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a wonderful vacation in Chicago!!! Lots of good memories there! Looks like such a great time!
Enjoy your week of Bible School!
xo Nina