Well, I have to say that I could get used to this kind of Saturday. We had absolutely nothing to do today....and we really stuck to that for the most part. The kiddos played in the basement all day long. They built tents and played with fake food and amused themselves. The best part of that is that they all got along all day. Yes-siree-bob...for the first time all summer there was no fighting! We only ventured out to do recycling, the post office and Target. And all were optional. It was super duper lovely. I even laid down on the couch at one point in the peace and quiet and could have gone to sleep. Then we realized we needed to plan our next NYC/NJ trip, so we did that instead. But all in all a superbly wonderful day. Only thing missing was our Hays. But she probably would have just slept the day away anyway :) j/k, Hays! We did get to talk to her tonight so that helped us fill our Hailey-void :)
And, she even sent us some pics of her "goings-ons" this week....above
is her at the Boston Ballet last night at Lincoln Center. She said it
was great, even though none of her roomies went.
And I think this may be from today on her outing to the neighborhood? Her and her suitemates. I don't know most of them, but the one right behind her is her roommate, Logan, from last year :) (I cannot get this pic to not go sideways)
This is how we started out our morning...bright and early and into the angel hair already! Stink-meister!
Proof of the fun of today. Love simple, fun days (it was raining outside so we made our own indoor fun!) I think Shelby was the chef :)
Logan was in rare form tonight and refused to talk to Hays so we took this pic of him to show her :)
And I just came across this old pic from 2012 on my desktop. Can you even spot Hailey? She looks so young since she was only 12. The girl in pink was her roommate that year and she is actually still there and in Hailey's class. Time sure does fly!
Well, I'm off to enjoy a movie by myself. The other bad part of my day is Kev had to go into work :( But all in all--a good day! I hope tomorrow is much of the same!


1 comment:
Love this blog! Hailey looks so pretty at the Ballet! And look at our little Logan gettin into mischief! He is a hoot!! I cannot believe how much Hailey has grown up since her 1st year there! Of course I knew it but to compare pics really makes it obvious!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! xo Mom
Post a Comment