Friday, June 27, 2014

One week down :)

                                                           


Well, our Hays has been gone about a week...and her first week of classes are almost over.  From what I can gather she is loving SAB classes as usual, is really enjoying her new teachers this year and is being challenged greatly.  While she is only dancing 17 hours a week (which is almost less than she usually dances at IU), she is doing almost all of it on pointe.  This is not the norm for her.  Her feet hurt pretty bad midweek so by yesterday she was at Bed Bath and Beyond buying containers to ice her precious (and very sore!) ballerina feet.  I am glad those stinky feet get a rest for most of the weekend (she only has 1 hour of dance tomorrow and off on Sunday).  But she is loving the challenges of the Balanchine technique and all the hard work it entails. 

I just checked the SAB parent portal and was happy to see my Hays in 2 pics.  This is rare for her as she is usually the queen of "avoiding the camera" :)  I think she takes pride in this. :)  But I cherish seeing her face from afar b/c I do miss her in our home.  She has had a low-key activity week. She backed out of her bus tour (I won't go into that, but let's just say she didn't want to go b/c "no friends were going"...really?) and she apparently didn't sign up for cookie decorating in time...but I'm ok with that (we do enough cookie decorating at home!).  She is going to see Boston Ballet tonight so that will be her first official school outing...and she goes to visit the Freed (ballet shoe store) on Sunday.  Other than that she's been to Starbucks a couple times and around her stomping grounds of Lincoln Center.  So far so good. She's slid easily back into being a New Yorker. :)

The Steg kids on the homefront have had their ups and downs.  We have tried to play it pretty low key this week....for multiple reasons. 1.  This mama is tired after that crazy NYC trip and my unfortunate sickness on the way there that landed me in an urgent care in WV.  2.  I really like being lazy and there is definitely something to the lazy days of summer.  3.  I don't want to do too much fun stuff while our fav. ballerina is gone (we don't want her missing anything)!  4.  It's our last week to just chill.  We have swim lessons the next two weeks (even Logan and I!).  So it'll be busier!  But, we've had fun with friends and that is always a blessing.  We had a super water balloon fight with our buds, Isaac and Lillian, yesterday.  Our kids had a blast!  Thanks, Debbe!  We had a park outing today with Ash's friend, Lisa and fam!  And then we raced to the Splash Pad to see her other friend, Annie, and her fam.  It was fun, but nice to get home to the cool house and just sit.  Logan has been in rare form lately and I've noticed if he doesn't eat well or misses one (or both) of his two naps, he is toast!  He is screamy and tantrum-y.  Today he is 18 months old.  Where in the world has a year and a half gone???  This is craziness.  He is a little man now, not a baby.

Well, sorry for a picture-less post. I will do my best to add photos this weekend if Kev can download them.  Tonight the kids want to "camp" in our backyard.  Hmm.  We'll see how this goes.  I am just thankful we have a weekend with nothing planned. This truly never happens.  So thankful it's Friday!

No comments:

Steg state runner Loggy