...some days are just not gonna roll out as planned...I have learned to be ok with this.
This was one of those days.
I have really been trying to be good about being positive amidst this nasty virus I have. And I really am counting my blessings that my shingles has been very, very minor (as far as the rash goes). The rash is almost completely gone and it's only been 9 days. I think that's pretty good considering some of the photos I've seen online of the more major cases. I have had really no pustules at all and no oozing or anything like that. No itching either. The pain that I have is deep though. I am trying to stay strong and not complain about it...but it kept me up all night last night. It was awful. I almost feel like it has surrounded my heart and is caving in on it...the nerves are just having a heck of a fight in there. It's a suffocating feeling. I had been doing pretty good with pain til last night. I think this icky cold/cough I have now is not helping. I am feeling completely and utterly worn down. Normally Kev would have taken the day off b/c I really was in no shape to care for Logan....but he has his boss in town and not only can't he take off, but he'll probably work three nights in a row too. I will get little rest. I am used to this, but when I am so worn down already and fighting bacteria and a virus....well, it's rough. I tried to nap today, but Logan wasn't a fan. He finally fell asleep in my arms and I tried to rest a bit...not really possible with your body in pain and your 30lb baby laying on you making more pain. But I still tried to cherish the peace and my sleeping baby in my arms.
My joy of the day was unexpected. I forced myself to go eat lunch with Ash. I had just done this on Friday when I was there for two hours helping with her class and celebrating her bday....but I wanted to bring her a special bday lunch and also a mini-cookie cake from the mall. She was so sweet and her and her friends never cease to make me smile and laugh. They are the cutest Kindergartners ever and I feel so thankful that my Ash made these best buds so quickly. They completely were cracking me up with the way they share food and make each other laugh. It quickly put my sour mood in its place! I love how kids can do that. :) Logan also made my day today but using his words (not screams)...he told Dylan, "I want the ball". I was very proud of him. He is getting so big and so funny. :) Sometimes it's the little things that get me through the down days...
And now the day is coming to a close...only a couple more hours and hopefully I can take some meds and nestle in bed and rest. I have waited for this time of the day since early this morning. Praying tomorrow will be a better day...and the pain will have passed as well as this hacking cough and the chills. I want to just spend time with my little boy and enjoy him and be done with germs.
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
No comments:
Post a Comment