Well, today was super fun, then super draining..Shelby got to visit her top choice school...University of Evansville. And it definitely lived up to expectation. Small, personable professors and one on one tour, free swag and lots of driving time for Shelby (she gets her license in less than a week hopefully!). Anyway...we had fun going with her to Evansville. I've never been to Indiana's 3rd biggest city. Loved the cute small campus and got to meet a Psych prof who was wonderful giving info. We had a very informative tour given by a former student, and really liked all that we saw (minus the old dorm rooms). It's so good for Shelby to see these campuses in person and I'm grateful even with Covid that some colleges are taking chances and letting tours happen again...even if we are masked and have to get our temps taken and can't see every aspect of the campus, it's better than a virtual tour or nothing at all. Loved seeing the little town of E-ville and seeing their cat cafe and getting macaroons. Glad we had Hailey home to help with Dylan's transport to BTV/school (finished his Sleepy Hollow movie) and take him to PT and soccer. The bummer of the day was finding out that school is now not starting til August 12 (actually that was a relief) and will be online til at least Sept 11. Ugh. My kids hate online (minus Shelby). I will say that I'm very grateful God had a plan to keep me home this year and not teach preschool. He knew I needed to be here for my kids and not be pulled in so many directions. But online school is just not ideal for our family...my kids really, really, really love being at school...so I just pray this is shortlived...and some amazing scientists are finding a vaccine for Covid!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
No comments:
Post a Comment