The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Wednesday, August 5, 2020
Covid 146--A big ol' playdate day! And we have a new driver on our hands!
Clear the roads...Shelby officially has her license and is on the road! She even drove Kev to work so she could have the car to drive herself to XC practice for the first time by her self. I loved seeing her running friends' reactions...all three of the new drivers were parked right by each other! lol :). I tried not to stalk and take too many pics :). What a pain at the BMV with waiting outside and 6 ft apart and masked...and you now need to have your social security number...which we didn't know so had to wait longer to find that out. Always something...but for once we encountered niceness...the lady security guard was super sweet and patient (and we had fun celebrating her with a "clear the roads, Shelby is a new licensed driver" sub, brownie, rice krispie treat meal...all in the shapes of cars...a tradition we started with Hailey when she got her license!). Dyl had his 2nd to last PT appt and the hammy is doing awesome! Praise God! And I guess he had a 3rd day of tryouts today since Monday was a rain day/gym day, but is now an officially official JV goalie on the soccer team! YAY! All great news. And the crazy part of our day was extra kids. We ended up with 6. Started out with two brothers over, then added another neighbor and two other friends...and another at the last minute. I figure "go big or go home". May as well have one big playdate where everyone has a friend...Logan had 4. Lol. I'm not much of a playdate mom, but they did have fun and they are all tired tonight after sliding on our slide, playing outside (and Dyl and his bud playing switch). And I've been driving around with 9 cats in my van for most of the evening...one pooped right away (nervous poops seem to happen in our van lol!). I'm kinda tired of a stinky van. And Dylan and his friend witnessed the poop and had to mask up and stick their heads out the window. It's a joy to ride in our vehicle! We now have two extra cats in our garage again. Hopefully this weekend we are back to normal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
No comments:
Post a Comment