The days are getting shorter and the mind is getting blurrier. All I can say is I am so glad we have not started school yet! God knew we needed some extra summer time and some days to get our act together! I just run from morn til evening...though I will say I was home for about an hour today, but in that time I had to figure out the school canvas virtual system which totally overwhelmed me bc I found out I was registered twice. Once in 2015 and once this year. Good grief. I stink at virtual stuff! This is going to be a fun start to the school year! Anyway....I was up early to see the girls off to shopping with Nina Stegs at the outlet mall in Indy...I think they had a good ol' time shopping for school stuff (without trying it on bc ya' know...covid restrictions! I saw a pic of Shelb trying on a bra over her clothes. Lol!) :). They found lots of goodies and had Freddy's for lunch. Then home to quickly drop Shelby for XC. I was off to see one of my sweet preschoolers at the park and took Logan along for the fun, thinking he'd enjoy it. He hated it and wanted to come home right away. So no more of that for me! lol! But I was happy to see a couple of my fav people, my partner in crime co-teacher included. Very grateful we both quit this year! I am ready to just focus on my own family for a year! Shelb had XC and is not loving afternoon practices bc of the heat. She fell asleep on the ride home so it's a good thing she didn't drive today! Then raced Dylan to his first official soccer practice and back and forth to do some crazy cat stuff...and to Culvers to grab Dyl dinner (thx Nina and Pops!) and off to his ALPs middle school covid party...just getting home from that now. But such a good evening with friends and teachers. Grateful for nice weather to gather and exist at a distance! haha :). Life is very full as we prep for school....got 2 steg high schoolers their first real phones (thx daddy!), Dylan got another BTV video award that we had to resubmit (this one a high school one), and lots of prep for this crazy virtual year. I'm getting myself mentally prepared, but honestly just ready for a vacay that likely will never come!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
No comments:
Post a Comment