Friday, August 7, 2020

Covid 148---Somedays I wish to be old and sitting in a rocker bored...

...this was one of those days.

Sometimes I'm ready to just fast forward to slower times.  Not sure if those are ever in the cards for me again, but I am hopeful.

Today was more of the same.  Up early to get Ashley to a bday party at Lake Griffy (kayaking with two church friends...so sweet and a beautiful morning at the lake...but too early for me!). Thankfully Ash is a very early riser!  

Then in the midst of that I ran Shelb to the doc for her annual appt and physical.  We've had a go around with her coach about her iron level.  I was very doubtful she was anemic, but at the last minute they did a finger prick and turns out she is very anemic. No wonder she had been falling asleep at xc practice.  Poor low hemogobin girl!  She's now on iron pills and praying she doesn't have the side affects I did in college with them.  

Then back to get Ash at the lake.  Then take Dyl to a last minute core group with the guys outside church.  He has such sweet college kid leaders.  I love that my kids all have amazing leaders of faith!  Then ran to both schools to get ipads and books and packets.  To high school to get Shelb's and then to elem to get Lo and Ash.  So crazy...who would have thought a year ago I'd be driving up in my van with a mask on and getting school stuff to do at home virtually.  Life is full of surprises.  Then back to get Dyl at church, run to CVS to get iron.  And then my afternoon of cat clean up began. I cleaned 19 traps and 6 carriers along with odds and ends.  I smelled like poop, wanted to vomit and was pretty much cursing the feline name.  I am glad I never became a vet.  I much prefer human feces, vomit and smells.  I know that sounds weird, but nursing is much more my style.  

 

No comments: