Well, it's been a rough 24-48 hours, but I have very good news to share!!! Our basement is finally done!!!!!
Ok, so that's not entirely true...there are some finishing touches to do this weekend...but for the most part it's a liveable space!. Yippee, yay yay! I am too exhausted to go into all the details now and honestly I'd love to just post the pictures cuz that is the best way to show it off (that'll have to wait for another day). But, I'm happy to say that today our carpet was laid! And this was after Kev stayed up all night (yes, NO sleep AT ALL!) painting and finishing it. And it looks awesome! I can't even tell you how proud of him I am for all his hard work the last couple months....and I can't thank him and all our friends and family enough who helped with this huge project. It really is incredible to see the before and after photos. I'm so excited to throw all our toys down there and get this big ol' computer desk out of our bedroom! And I know Nina Gritz is all gung ho about having her own room! She even wants to decorate it herself...you go, Nina...have at it! And I can't even tell you how thrilled the kids were by the new space. Hailey was doing cartwheels and dancing all around in my old toe shoes and Shelby got our her blanket and laid on the floor and Dylan literally ran in circles for about 10 minutes straight down there (this is the biggest room in our house now and he was very excited to have some space to roam finally...it was so cute! :)) Anyway....so that's that. The basement is mostly done. It's been a long time coming, but thanks to wonderful friends and family and a dedicated hubby we have a finished product. Now we just need our furniture moved back in this weekend and we're good to go.....What a day and just in time for Nina from FL who arrives tomorrow!
And....I have to add that we have a big ol' baby on our hands too....she's a whopping 3lbs bigger than 2 mos ago when she entered this world. She had her 2 month appt today and is 12lbs, 14oz and 25 inches. She is one one tall drink of water just like our other kiddos :) She was a trooper today though through her first nasty round of shots....mama was not as brave...it's so rough watching your baby in pain...(sigh)...and knowing she is growing up before your eyes (sigh)...but she's as healthy as they come and greater than the 95th percentile in all areas! YAY! :)
And can I just say I feel so blessed by our second family here in Bloomy. We had a wonderful early Turkey Day celebration with our bestest buds, Dave, Heather and Kiddos. I'll have to post those pics later too....cuz they are pretty hilarious. But, we just love these guys so much. They made us the best turkey and fixin's dinner tonight and they are so good for the soul...we love you guys!!!
And now I'm off to bed...my hubby's been sawing logs for awhile now and he so deserves that. Happy Thanksgiving to all you turkeys out there! :) Gobble, Gobble!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
2 comments:
Way to go Kev!!! Now we can leave the kids at your house when we come up to visit (hopefully in '09) and Dev and I will get a room :)
Woo hoo! Can't wait to see the pics of the finished basement! Congrats Kevin and all of you for making it through that monstrous chore! I'm sure it was worth every second of hard work (blood, sweat and tears?). And Nina Gritz is going to have her own room? Does that mean Hailey chose not to live down there after all??
Have fun moving in this weekend!
Post a Comment