Today was mostly a continuation of how I felt yesterday.
I am feeling pulled to be the "fun summer mom", while really all I want (and need!) to do is dig into this mess of a house. I know I can't do both...I am really not good at being "fun" and "work" mom at the same time. I gave into "fun mom" though and out we went to the public pool (my least favorite summer place, I might add!)...which for me was "work". But, I usually vow during the summer to go there once a month so this was my "June visit", which now I realize July is right around the corner and I will have to go then too. The kids did have fun though and Shelb got to spend time with a best bud which she loved. I thought that'd give me reprieve as far as her asking for friends to come over, but instead now she wants more. I can't win with her. :) It was fun to see my baby splashing around in the baby area though. It was also especially comical when he let one of his signature big ol' pukes go right in the water with lots of floaty breastmilk chunks to boot! Thank goodness he saved his blowout poop for Target and not the water. I don't want to be one of "those moms" who they have to shut the pool down for :)
It's late so honestly I don't have any more energy to think or blog (especially since we are just now starting to pack for girl scout camping tomorrow), but I did want to say that my fav. part of the day was this morning with my little guy. He discovered our cat (Syd) for the first time today. I know most babies prob. notice their pets way before 6 mos, but our cats our old and lazy so we'll make that be our excuse :) At any rate, it was super cute. Syd has missed us since we've gone sooo much and she has been extra affectionate (actually annoying is more like it...especially at 2am). But she really caught Logan's attention this morning. He LOVES to touch things lately so he put out his hand and she just kept rubbing against it and he was giggling the cutest giggle every time she'd do it. Then she'd meow and he'd stick out his hand and she's rub against it again and he'd just smile and laugh. It continued for quite some time. At one point she was even sticking out her paw and begging him to pet her and he would. Very comical :) It was like they were communicating in their own little way. It was very cute....all until the big fluffy tail went in his sweet baby mouth :) But, it was super cute while it lasted. I just melt over baby giggles...especially deep voiced little boy ones :)
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Friday, June 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
2 comments:
awwww, loved the description of Syd and Logan enjoying each others company! Cant wait to be there and hear those baby giggles!! :)Its these moments that are important and cherished in your minds eye! Glad you went to the pool!! I know the kiddos loved it! :) Have a nice weekend! Mom
So sweet about Syd and Logan! It'll be interesting what the boys will think of the baby when it arrives!
Syd bothers you at 2am also? Uh...must be a cat thing!
For having 5 precious children, I think you are always a fun mom! I have a lot to live up to, Kel! :)
Post a Comment